Chapter 17

The sound of horses and a carriage could be heard from afar, as everyone turned and saw Paladins enter Longstrome and approach a young woman with luxurious red locks, but she smiles elegantly and calmly, as if she expected this. People talk behind her, the young woman. People talk behind her, whispers about her awaited departure.

“A saint candidate...?” some would whisper in awe.

“No wonder they made such a big deal......” Some looked away while others seemed so happy for her.

“Oh, my Noor! Lady Meria deserves it! She is so kind and beautiful! It is no wonder she has been picked as the next saintess!” some made no effort to be discreet.

Everyone watched as even the headmaster arrived. He had a bright smile as he talked with her, her teachers bid her farewell, and then the paladins helped her onto the carriage, she was now a saintess candidate. She kindly yet sadly smiled at them and waved goodbye. She would miss them very much even if she did become a saintess and would try to visit often. It was as if she had becomes a celebrity who was leaning her hometown or something.

Nick, Fern, and Manikya watched from afar. Nick had no interest in her and seemed to think even the beautiful cloudless blue sky was even more astounding as he laid on the green grass under the shade of a cherry blossom tree, Fern was also laid beside him until he sat up to pay more attention to the crowd.

Manikya only leaned against the tree reading a book, never looking up. His pinkish hair grew a bit longer in the front resulting in his bangs covering his eyes more often unless he brushed it back.

Manikya noticed how the headmasters smile fell slightly. What could be bothering the headmaster that he would make an expression like that?

“I never realized how popular that girl was...” Fern said in a daze, but he did not say too much either, Manikya hummed as he turned his attention back to his book.

“It’s because we’re always with Elyon...” Giovanni said from the tree which surprised Fern, but not as much to Nick who had noticed him from where he was laying.

“Yes, when Elyon is here, it's like were in a different world...has always so knowledgeable and sees everything in a different perspective despite his neutral attitude...” Manikya spoke

Fern nodded in agreement; Nick was lost in his own thoughts.

+~+~+~+~+~+

From a far, the girl with red hair noticed the boy who watched her from a far, and she smiled giddily before waving at him. He smiled and gave her a small wave before turning away and walking in the direction of the academy doors.

“Hah..it's quite amusing. I wonder...who's she's trying to fool...that girl...I do not like her...”

+~+~+~++~+

A couple of days later Elyon returns to school, but he is a bit different. His clothes that used to be a bit looser on him fit him tighter. His arms were even slightly more defined, his chest and abdomen were firmer and more defined, everything about him seemed stronger without being excessive, that some of the girls practically swooned for him. But he still looked as handsome as ever or even more.

Nick smiles and stood next to Elyon, who got red in the ear despite his stoic demeanor. Both Manikya and Fern look at them suspiciously.

“Okay. What the h-” before he finished his sentence, Manikya slapped his hand onto Fern's mouth and smiled, catching on.

“I am glad you and Nick are alright, Ellie...” Manikya said with a hand on Fern’s mouth as Fern glared at him then slobbered his hand. Manikya groaned and rubbed it all over Fern’s face as they started to argue. Elyon smiles a bit. He flinches when he feels a hand on his back. He looks beside him and up to Nick.