Chapter 19

It was barely 6 in the morning. Everyone had woken up 2 hours prior to try and leave before the duke awoke.

To no avail, its been two hours since then and all the servants and knights had been helping to pack all their necessities while all four siblings had already predicted such behavior.
At first Elyon and his siblings were giving their farewell to their “friends.”

•Rickardo was saying farewell to the his fellow knights who feared, yet also admired, the ruthless Daemos.
•Khione who had been telling the sub-attendant for the second prince who will act as a stand-in for now, reviewing all the assignments that would have to be dealt with care. The poor man was going to be in for many, sleepless nights. Supposedly the prince would be here in a bit, to discuss the trip with her.
•Rogue had gone somewhere but not off their property, so he probably chatted with other assassin type knights who weren’t afraid of him and who knows what else. It was Rogue. No one can guess what he’d talk about with assassins.
•And Elyon spoke to his friends who were gonna ride a different carriage, being one only of Manikya and Fern.

But all four children stopped what they were doing as they saw what was happening with their arms crossed over their chest, while Elyon just stared, and Rogue smiled unamused and stared at the long line.

Six whole carriages and still, more were coming. Rogue shoved Rickard with his elbow, earning a growl from his twin before Khione sighed.

Khione spoke first, stepping forward.

“Father may I know why you have had our servants pack a carriage  full of every and each “necessity”, while were only leaving for a week long at most?”

Cardigan who had been tapping his foot with a look that darkened with each second, calmed down almost immediately, making the servants jump and let out a breath they had been holding as he turned and pat her head unknowingly, making her jump at the contact. He shifted, moving his right foot back slightly to face us. I looked down and found a small crater at the force of his tapping.

You should be prepared for everything.” he only said with closed eyes and a small nod, as if his way was right. He turned away again and resumed his impatient tapping. There was no way they’d be ready by the time their uncle came. Khione, stared at him with her usual unamused expression before she glanced at her brothers and both older ones nodded; Ricard as serious as ever, while Rogue with his mischievous smirk as they cracked their knuckles and stepped forward.

~.+.~.+.~.+.~.+.~

The prince had arrived to speak with her. Golden brown hair and captivating pale orange eyes. Sometimes, I'd catch his gaze, surprised when I caught him smiling at me. It was odd that he even caught my gaze, but again, his eyes were similar to Nick’s.

Spend some quality time with your family. And stop worrying so much Kian, he’s already got it covered.” he said with an amused tone that sounded so familiar as he covered his mouth with his hand and seemed to look away from my eyes. She huffed with an almost irritated expression, rare.

I can't just ‘not’ worry when we are speaking about ‘your’ highness.” She said as she knew what awaited the male aide while the prince held back a laugh.

Soon their uncle arrived wondering where Cardigan had gone, then also wondering where the twins were. Khione and Elyon exchanged a look, Khione was the first to give a small smile and shrug.

~.+.~.+.~.+.~.+.~

It did take longer than expected, also considering that the enchanted forest was on the other side of the North that made the trip longer considering the weather.

But if it somehow helped them learn more about their mother, then to where Elven and Fairies lived, and the beast men had fun, they'd travel.

Fern and Manikya also tagged along. Giovanni respectfully declined as he was busy, and Nick was busy and could not even meet in person to decline.

Elyon rode the same carriage as his brothers and sister. The twins seemed very tired as they were dirtied and suffering minor injuries that were already healing. Rogue had his head on Rickardo's shoulder with his mouth wide open as drool hung on the corner of his lips, while Rickardo had his head on top of Rogue’s, his glasses already shifted to being crooked at how it pressed at them in an angle.

Khione just glanced at Elyon’s way with a lifted eyebrow as she smiled. Her hair was down. She wore a black shirt with a the same crimson tie as her brothers and a black waist coat. The top middle of the red tie had a golden rimmed brroch and n the middle was a howling wolf with red ruby eyes. Her high-wasited slim pants accentuated her curvy body and long legs. And a puffy black sheep’s wool, with silver winter lion’s lush fur.

Elyon wore a simple loose black shirt that showed his toned chest a bit because of the loose strings and slim high waisted pants. Just like Khione, they fitted him well since he had long slim legs, but who in the family didnt?

She watched her brother’s sleep and noticed how Elyon seemed to stir in his sleep mumbling words.

“infectum canem..” she narrowed her eyes.

“Latin? While sleeping?” she thought to herself with a stoic expression.

She stared at him a bit longer. Her eyebrow was raised and her eyes slightly narrowed at his words before sighing and smiling.

She also couldn't help but feel slightly offended at his words.
She put a hand on her chin, her head slightly tilted to the side with half-liddend eyes as she gazed at her sleeping brother. One hand lay lazily across her lap.

She turned her head, so she was looking straightforward to the other side of the carriage where Rogue and Rickardo were.

Rogue had gotten a haircut, so it was shorter now, but it was still long enough to cover his nape. He’d recently taken more liking into makeup and done some of the more “natural” looks Elyon somehow had known about. He had a softer face now and looked much calmer even when sleeping. According to him, he’d liked the robes in the far east and asked our godmother if she could design a more modern design.

A black band collar shirt with black slacks and a black satin coat on top that folded across the right to the left of the chest and a similar material as a belt that tied around the waist. He wore his family’s crest at the end of a thick string made from magic so that it can outstretch and never break, so one would see him play with it like a yo-yo on occasions. The robe also had a red design of a wolf leaping. It was definitely beautiful.

Rickardo had his right side of his hair slicked back and the other was left as is. A white winged collar shirt and a crimson tie.  A golden brooch in the middle top of his tie with  a wolf in the center with ruby eyes. He wore a white waistcoat as well and a black long over coat Double Breast Wool Trench Coat on top of it all.

It was definitely obvious how Elyon and Rogue put little effort in dressing.

Rogue had his head tilted a bit on Rickardo’s shoulder, he was still drooling as it landed on Rickardo’s arms since the other twin had them crossed and his shoulders tense even asleep. Rickardo’s brow seemed to twitch, as if he was having a terrible nightmare and he was sweating slightly as more drool puddled on his sleeve.

Khione put a hand on her mouth and looked away. She put a hand on her chest and sighed as she watched how the snowy region became a soft sglowing spring.

‘What a warm feeling...’ 

~.+.~.+.~.+.~.+.~

Khione stared out the window, admiring the lighter season, it was warmer now. Their uncle had taken the seat where the twins were before they had gone to take their guarding shift.

He wore a thin long coat and black winter fitted gloves that were supposedly made of black sheep leather. Square-shaped, half-rimmed glasses at the bottom, slid down his sharp nose sometimes. If Elyon hadn’t noticed how much calmer his breathing was, how his eyebrows and frown weren’t as firm as his father’s, he might have thought his father had stowed away with them just to make sure his children were safe.

Elyon was mostly curious about how his uncle convinced his father and even had all his brothers and sister accompany them. Raymond and Issac couldn't come for some unknown reason, but Samry said that they’d just visit her parents and for us to just have fun.

Uncle Carlisle.” Khione started as Carlilse glanced up, smiled, and put down the papers as he took his glasses off.

Yes, blanca?” he asked softly.

Why is it necessary for us to go all the way to the enchanted forest? It would have been much easier if we just talked back at the estate. Can’t our other uncle just go there?” Khione spoke curiously, yet serious. Carlisle smiled at the young woman.

Well…he’s not someone people from the capital…should have the honor of meeting. Plus, I didn’t actually tell him you would be visiting visit him.” he said with a soft endearing chuckle before he put his glasses back on and resumed writing and reading.

The way he phrased that made her believe there was more to their relationship than what he was letting on.

~.+.~.+.~.+.~.+.~

He swung his sword and cut the demon in half. Quickly dodging the black inky blood before  evaporating into the light of the sun. He stared at the sunset with longing.