Chapter 12

The celebration went on for a whole week. I missed Nick the entire time, but I would never admit that to Manikya or Fern who would be able to confirm their suspicions they have started to speculate. Of course, I know they believe I might fancy Nick, but just like me, he is also wearing a mask, and in this world I'm a man...usually he is kind and easy-going. So, I would rather not find out about how he would feel about another man, even remotely, having some type of complicated romantic feelings towards him...

· · ·

Recently, I have been receiving letters.

“Young Lord Elyon Daemos,

It would be such a pleasure if you and my youngest daughter, Aurelia met. I can guarantee, she is the most gorgeous and talented girl you will ever m- ”

And,

“Young Lord Elyon Daemos,

It would be such an honor to be able to personally greet you, young lord. It would be an even greater honor if you met any of my sweet and gentle daughters, who I believe you and any of them coul- ”

And yet, I could never finish any of the letters, before Rickard, Khione, Rouge, and even my father or younger brothers, would show up right out of nowhere, take the many letters in my possession, walked towards a servant wo happily stood next of a lit fireplace, whilst my brother threw the letters in the fire as I just stared. He stood there staring as the letters burned into ash and not even a trace was left, the servant then cleaned the fireplace, and then proceeded to even get rid of any remaining ashes that may contain even a syllable of a word.

I was just at a loss for words.

I turned to look to the right of my side when I heard my brother clear his throat with a soft smile while the light reflected off his round glasses and obscured my vision.

“Brother Elyon…are you going to train today with me?”

I stared up at him, Rickard, suspiciously as I shook my head and placed my ink quill down and stood from my seat.

“Actually, brother Rickard… I am going out with Fern and Manikya.”

He seemed to quirk his eyebrow to my response as he fixed his glasses once again.

“Really? And must I assume they are curious about your identity as a Daemos?”

I could not help but smile slightly. Khinoe was the smartest one in our family, yet again, Rickard tended to pay more attention to things that he cared about...more so than I remembered from two years ago. 

He put his right hand to his hip and his left-hand brushes across his face, lifting his glasses up. He sighs. He looks up at me without his glasses and looks at me with his red cat-like eyes. He had sharp eyes and intense gaze, and a perfect tall nose that reminded me of the Greek men that were described as “the perfect nose” I used to read about in books in my previous life. He sighed once again.

“Then you shall take Helix with you. Now that all those nobles know how you look, it would be best to keep you protected more than ever.”

My brother stared out the window with a weird expression. As if he was thinking of assigning a whole fleet to my protection. I quickly nodded before he decided to give that idea to our father too.

· · ·

Helix hides close behind me in the shadows while I had about one or two of the best guards in the Daemos unit that did not include my older brother, sister, or Rouge. I walked around the square and had a laid-back expression on my face with a small smile as the villagers and other nobles stared at me in awe. Some might not know that I am the son of a duke, but with my beauty I doubt it would be hard to spread the news