Chapter 16

A/N

I'M BACK!!! T^T

I am sorry it's taken so long; I get distracted easily and haven't been doing my schoolwork. (Which I've barely started catching up to.)

ANYWAY

This one is up to 2,000+
I hope you all enjoy this chapter and continue to read.
I'm trying to add some suspense 😊unless it's easy to guess where I'm going with this (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠). Anyway, I won't bother anymore, and again I hope you all like this chapter, and if you do click the tiny little orange star ;3

+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Two silhouettes could be seen taking a stroll in the imperial garden in the dark starry night.

A man with dark hair like obsidian and glowing red eyes that illuminated their surroundings. And a man with beautiful longish golden hair and beautiful white eyes. One with a scowl, the other with a bright smile despite how dark it was.

“Cardigan you really should forgive my son. We both know how much in a bad shape your son was at the moment, and the second prince only wished to help despite the minimum strength he had to even walk himself at the moment.” The bright smiling man said with his eyes closed.

Cardigan’s scowl only grew.

“Pardon me, your majesty, but I am more worried about the future than what happened...then, it was also unnecessary that your son wasn't properly dressed even at such a moment...”

Zachary chuckled; Cardigan was definitely protective of his children. But he had also seemed to immediately understand his other worries regarding the future.

“Ah...then it's because of that...coincidence, that's been going on through our families for a very long time?” Cardigan did not agree, but neither did he disagree. Zachary took that as a yes as he sighed and turned straightforward.

“But is that truly a terrible thing? The imperial family and Dukal northern family, have always hid their good relationship...but it has never actually been bad. I still remember how my mother seemed to love teasing your aunt and father.” he said as he chuckled at the fond memories as Cardigan could only remember his father and aunt hiding, which was childish despite how cold and indifferent the Daemos are.

“I mean, even we are friends, are we not? A union between our families has never been a dreadful thing, Cardigan, albeit we’ve only ever had good friendships. You mustn't think of it too much my friend.”

Cardigan could not take it any longer and growled at the emperor, passing a hand through his thick black hair as he pinched the bridge of his nose. The emperor did not flinch, only looked at his friend with slight pity and an understanding smile.

“It is not just the thought of MY SON, MARRIED to YOUR SON, but the fact that EVERYONE has their eyes on him, EVEN the young men! I would have been fine if it were only a couple of girls fawning over my son...buts it is not just woman, it is both male and females...!” He froze and turned away after calming down. Cardigan might be a big intimidating man, but he still had a heart despite that demon blood he carried. It was understandable at the sudden outburst he had towards his friend the emperor.

The shorter male sighed, tapped his friend's shoulder who turned to look at him, before embracing him in a hug. The tall duke did not move, he did not apologize, he just welcomed the hug with no words as he let his head fall on his long-time friend.

“Kai...I understand...I feel dread just thinking of the day one of my sons becomes emperor and has to take on such responsibilities...but it's not like we can make them stop growing...” Zachary giggled a bit. Cardigan seemed to have sprouting idea in regard to his friend’s comment.