Chapter 10 : Burden

Freen's POV :

As soon as the door closes, I can't stop the urge of tearing up. I'm wishing all the good saints and patrons for guidance and protection. I can't loose Becky. If Heidi is right, I don't know If I can be able to take it.

 If Heidi is right, I don't know If I can be able to take it

Flash back :

"This is exactly the man in my dreams" I said while I pick up the picture that was Heidi is trying to show me.

"The Grim must give you a message, do you know that our hearts does not belong to humans?" Heidi said. I give her a question look.

"The Grim wanted to take Becky because of the angel's heart she have. They strongly believe humans should not have it." She added.

"Our hearts should not be given to a human because it can cause trouble. Mostly fallen angels believes that if they gave it to human, they will turn into human. They did not know, giving it to them can attract trouble. In most cases, it attracts death. It attracts Grim " Heidi said then she shows some images, more like a cards with pictures.

"Why do most of fallen angel believes that we can be human?" I asked, I remember Nam giving her other heart for her partner. Little did she knows, it was meant to cause trouble.

"Maybe someone is spreading the bad information, also it was a just a theory, but up until now I didn't witness any angels turn into human,.... even me." Heidi said. She started to show more pictures. She also tried to become a human?

"In your case, you didn't gave the half of your heart. Instead you were coincidentally struck by lightning causing the other half to fall, unfortunately it went to human. It can only be remove by a coincidence too. In other words, the destiny will decide on your fate, both of your fate." Heidi said.

It attracts death, death.

I can feel my tears are building up to fall. I can't loose Becky.

"H-How can I prevent this things? Heidi? Y-you live here long enough, right? Right?! You must know how to prevent this things! Heidi, help me" I said, I didn't notice I tearing up already. I even hold Heidi's collar shirt.

Heidi didn't respond, she gave me a sad look.

"Only if you can get the other half but it is impossible. The other way is also no use" Heidi said.

"What's the other way?" I asked

"You can only get it when the body is dead" Heidi said

End of flashback

There is a lot going on in my mind. Me cannot be human and Becky is n danger.

All I can do is to protect Becky and pray that my heart can be remove anytime soon. I hurriedly wipe my tears, I can do this. Father won't let me hurt like this.
I need to prepare in the kitchen. I can let Becky see me like this.

I'll protect you no matter what, even if my life will be the cost of it