Chapter 13 : What if

Becky's POV :

Here we are in the beach, I never thought we could have this type of date since knowing Freen. She doesn't like to go outside that much. But I guess she's curious too why I like beach. For sure she will love it here. The sand, sea and the air is so refreshing. I really miss this.

"So, how's the beach so far?" I asked, it seems like I was the one who take her here

"So, how's the beach so far?" I asked, it seems like I was the one who take her here. I laugh in my thought.

"Hmm, now I understand why you love the beach. Everything is calm and nice, I'm starting to love it here too" Freen said. We are now walking the sea shore, holding our hand together under the sunset.

"Baby can we play what ifs?" Freen said.

"Sure, since we have nothing to do" I said

"What if, there is no chance for me to become human? Would you still be with me?" Freen said. I can see her eyes saddens as she ask.

"Hmm, What if I stay would you still love the old granny me?" Becky said while laughing a little.

"Yah, I will love you still Becky. I don't care if you have white hair I will stay here forever with you" Freen said.

"Calm down, you suppose to said 'What if' back to me. Hahaha, you love me that much are you" I said while I kiss her nose.

"Of course I love you so much Becky" Freen said.

"Okay I'll start over. Hmmm... What if I die first? Would go find someone that can love you as much as I do?" I said out of the blue.

"B-becky , don't say that. I'll fight for you and protect you even if it cost my life" Freen said this time I can see her eyes are about to cry.

"Hey I told you too say 'What if' back" I said while I care her face. I totally understand why she's sad. I am sad too. It's like we are living for what we have now, and just go with what future holds.

I am sad thinking I will grow old, get a white hair and died first. How about Freen? That's why at first I don't want to give the heart back even if she can because what if she realize that and one day she will leave me? I become selfish at that part but now, it doesn't matter. She must go on with her life.

"Freen we should talk about it you know. About what if you won't be like me, a human? I'll grow old and you, you'll stay young" I said to Freen.

"And human has a life limit, you can stay with me forever but... I can't" I said trying to hold my tears.

"D-don't say that Becky.. DON'T SAY THAT YOU'LL DIE" Freen said and this time she is tearing up. Freen stand up and walk away. I think I got her mad about it.

I didn't bother to stand up, I know she needs to calm down

I didn't bother to stand up, I know she needs to calm down. Also I need to cry out. I'm also hurt thinking about it.

If only it is easy to say 'just love someone else' but its not.

If only it is easy to let go but it's not.

I know she's more hurt than me because she was the one who will be left behind.

For me it is lesser hurt, if I will be the one who will walk away, than the one who will be left behind.

Freen, for whatever future holds. Please be strong.