18

Taehyung began his search operation for Jungkook, he sent his men at the places where he may be  supposedly present . His smile was long lost. He only worn a plastic smile these days. He started spending more time outside to distract himself from this pain.

A knock was heard on the door and Taehyung received a letter, his eyes widens at that letter but as y/n approached him  he quickly shoved it into his pockets and acts as if  it was nothing.

He was worried after receiving that letter which was quite visible on his face which worried y/n about him.

Next day Petal came rushing inside Taehyung's house.

" Y-Y/n Taehyung he-..."

Y/N holds her shoulders

" He WHAT PETAL? complete your sentence! what happened to Taehyung?" she panicked

" Just-Just come with me!"

Petal holds her hand and drags her along with her.

They both reached a place . Big gates, huge building with different compartments. People standing there quickly recognised y/n as they started murmuring amongst themselves but then suddenly a group of women of different ages approached y/n.

" Shame on you y/n. We as women have duty to save our partners from being punished, we take their punishment on us even  if he is proven guilty but we never let them go through such situation. but in your case our chief is being punished for your mistake. What kind of woman you are!... "

" I have heard chief doesn't treats her  like how a wife should be treated. He gives her special treatment and this is the reason why he is suffering today! "

One of them holds her hand tightly as she whimpers in pain. She was blank because she had no idea what's going on and why they are treating her this way.

" You should have allowed your mark to be encircled by our holy rod. Being a women you should know how to tolerate pain! "

" Chief should have slapped her that day for protesting against that hot iron rod like our husbands did but he supported her instead! "

" He should have kept her under his thumb! "

Rose and Petal helped her through the crowd and reach inside the building. She was traumatised enough by now but still she was more worried for Taehyung.

Just then her eyes fell on Jimin who seemed to be quite stressed about something.

Y/N takes long steps towards him

" Jimin Where is Taehyung? What happened to him is he alright?" she panicked

" Y/N though he insisted me to not to tell you anything but I think you really need to know about this... So two days back Taehyung received a warrant which was released against you  ."  She frowns

" But why? "

" Because you broke the rule of our community on the day of your marriage . So Taehyung was trying to defend you, that you were not well that day but he lost in your defense and it was ordered that accused person will be lashed with the leather  50 times and  because being your partner he  had an  option to take your punishment on him. He did what he felt right. He accepted your punishment . "

" W-WHAT? where is he? I want to meet  him please! "

Y/N's voice trembled.

She immediately rushed to that place and finds Taehyung lying on the floor groaning in pain shirtless.

Her heart clenched painfully at his condition. She gasps as she froze on her place on seeing red marks all over his chest and back with rags  tied around the marks.
His eyes widened on seeing y/n

" Y-Y/N? W-What are you doing here?"

Taehyung could barely open his eyes

She immediately rushed towards him and engulfed him in a hug making sure not to put pressure on his wounds. She sobbed at his chest.

" Just why.. Why do you do things like these for me Taehyung!... Who told you to take my punishment on you..! Why did you do this?"

She sobbed harder as Taehyung caresses her hair slowly.

" It's alright. I am alright y/n!"

" No! You aren't!"

She breaks the hugs and cups his face

" Stop lying about your condition. I know you are not well!..

She looks at him so lovingly

" Why did you do this Taehyung? Please stop doing things for me. You have already done enough for me. Please stop hurting yourself for me. I-I don't like to see you in pain....it pains my heart..."

She caresses his cheeks with her thumbs with pure love shining in her eyes as if he was her world. She dips her head in the crook of his neck and sobs. Tears forms in Taehyung's eyes too as he holds her close to his heart.

" Calm down y/n"

" How am I supposed to calm down when you are in pain. How?... I can't see you like this. I will never be able to forgive myself after today's incidence"

" Hey! Don't-Don't blame yourself. I got you into all these situations. If I wouldn't have marked you that night you would have lived your life like a normal girl with your l-lover"

" If you wouldn't have saved me that night I would have died anyways . I owe you my life Taehyung. You saved it many times"

She parts and wipes her tears as she observes marks on his body slowly before looking into his eyes through her glistening ones. She caressed his cheek.

" Promise me you wouldn't do anything like this for me again!"

Taehyung holds her wrist.

" This is the only promise I can't give to you."

" Taehyung! Please!"

She whispers but Taehyung shakes his head. Her heart warms up as she connects her forehead with his and they like that for sometime with their  hearts thumping violently in their chest.

Just then Taehyung observes some marks on her wrist as he frowns.

" Y/N? What is this?"

Y/N gasps as she immediately hides that mark from Taehyung.

" N-nothing! It's nothing Taehyung!"

" Stop lying Y/n!"

Taehyung asks again and she knows he becomes so stubborn when it comes to her so she tells him about how people mobbed her before entering this place. That's it Taehyung's blood boiled as he gets up slowly groaning in pain . Y/N quickly puts her arm around his waist to support him and keeps his arm on her shoulders.

" T-Taehyung you should r-rest!"

" No take me outside!"

" But-"

" Do what I say!"

Y/N helps him to walk outside the building.

He holds her even more closer to him as she suddenly feels safe and confident enough to face that crowd again, her trauma long forgotten.

Everybody's attention is gained by Taehyung who shouts.

" Whatever happens between us is our personal life . Taking the punishment of my wife is my personal choice and I don't want your opinions on it so stay the f uck out of it! AND DON'T I REPEAT DON'T EVER DARE TO TOUCH HER  AGAIN! OR I WILL MAKE SURE YOU REGRET IT ! SHE SHOULD BE GIVEN  EQUAL RESPECT LIKE ME!  "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~