Chapter 1. Slime Slayer

"Ken! A Level E slime dungeon is opening up in Shibuya at 4pm! I have registered us and if we leave school right after classes end, we should be able to make it early and finally get some decent training done. I can't believe our luck! 2 days without a single slime dungeon opening up between 4 to 10pm!"

As I looked up at the excited blonde girl who just got back to the classroom with our lunch, I let out a sigh and flopped my head back on the desk, too exhausted from the teacher's conference I just had to sit up properly.

"Emma. I give up."

"Give up on what? What are you talking about?"

"How many slimes have we killed?" I asked the girl, obviously already knew the answer.

Activating her brain implant that every kid gets implanted with at birth, a screen that only she could see popped up as she scrolled through invisible texts with her delicate finger.

Scrolling through to the page she was looking for, "I have killed 200,934 slimes and since they gave 1 exp each and I have gained a total of 150,428 exp, we have killed 300,856 slimes all together!" Emma replied happily like she don't see the fucking issue.

"Exactly! You have wasted 12 years of your fucking life killing over 300,000 slimes while only partying with me and to what end?" I replied, wondering why this beautiful blonde girl was so fascinated with me.

"Oh, you just had your career path discussion with the teacher right, no wonder you are all grumpy now. Cheer up Ken! Let's go slay some slimes like we always do!" The beautiful blonde remarked cheerfully like she could understand what I am going through.

"Emma. Why are you even here? Your dad is the freaking CEO and founder of the Lionheart corporation! You have infinite wealth, you have the lowest exp compound rate in the world, yet you spent the last 12 years doing nothing but killing stupid slimes while attending a lowly public school like this one. Why are you even in Japan? Didn't your family move back to America 3 years ago?" I asked, trying to redirect my anger towards her even though I knew she deserved none of my frustration.

"So what did the teacher say anyways." Emma asked, unbothered by my complaints.

"I told him I am going to apply for Tokyo Academy and he explained to me that 'It's good to have dreams but one has to face reality.' Like no shit I know there is the entrance exam and only like the top 500 in all of fucking Japan gets accepted but I have been trying my best and killing the only thing I could for 12 fucking years! 12 years Emma! Slaying those fucking slimes over and over only to gain .5 exp at a time for 12 years!

Do you know what level I should be at if I was a normal person? 150k exp? If I was like every single other person in the world, I would have started at level 1 and got to level 2 after gaining 100 exp and the average person, I would be at level 10 by now! If I had the worst compound rate ever. I would still be at level 7. So Emma, having the best compound rate of 25% where less than 100 people in the world have, you are at level 26 from doing nothing but killing slimes!" I shouted in discontentment while getting side glances and whispers from the other students who are in the classroom eating their lunches.

"I believe in you Ken! I know things look bad and we are already seniors in high school but you can do it! Let's go slay some slimes after school, that should cheer you up! Oh and If you still don't know why I stayed in Japan and am attending a random public highschool then I think we have another issue that needs resolving." Emma answered, unbothered by my outburst or the stupid kids that won't stop staring at us and whispering.

"Yea, I know why you are here in Japan. You rich people have weird hobbies and you must get some weird pleasure from hanging around the only person in the world who couldn't level." I replied as my mood slowly improved from venting out all my frustration.