Chapter 5. Pikachu Slayer

"I think we should go for pikachu." I told Emma, after spending many days researching on all the common low level mobs with high density and ease of access and finally coming up with a plan.

"Don't those things mostly deal magic damage?" Emma asked, like she didn't already know the fact that they indeed are magic damage dealers and I have a high physical defense with shit low magic defense.

"So here is the plan. Those yellow rats are everywhere and super abundant and not that strong. But as you have pointed out, since they will only use electric attacks, if we buy an item that negates lightning damage, they are basically a bunch of worthless sewer rats that I can slaughter with ease!" I explain my plan to my blondie.

"Got it! You look into their exact stats while I will get you an item that will add enough lightning resistance. Since they are low leveled, it shouldn't cost too much to get a necklace or ring with enough stats!" Emma replied, knowing exactly where I was going with my thoughts.

I love this girl, I just wish that stupid ass old geezer would stop staring at me from the corner of my tiny room. The apartment is too small for me to not notice you! you damned old man. I didn't even invite you, who gave you permission to even come inside my private property?

While I didn't want to take advantage of Emma's wealth, other than letting her spend the gold to get us all of the quality of life bonuses to allow us better access to the dungeons, I decided that it's time for this rich blondie to assist me so I can make it to Tokyo Academy.

As much as I would have liked to do everything on my own, she was the only reason I made it this far anyways. And as a wise man once said, those that don't use the advantages they are given are nothing but arrogant dumbasses. I fully agree with that statement and now that I think about it, I might have been that wise man who offered those wise words.

"Got it! Pikachu spawn between level 3 to level 5. Their only attack is thundershock with a base power of 40. Between 1% to 3% boost with each matt and int. Based on all data points, a pikachu will do between 45 to 60 lightning damage per hit with crit up to 120 damage.

With my goblin passive and gear right now, If you can get me something with at least 50 lightning resistance and cast a protection on me in case of a crit hit. we will be good to go. Oh, just the cheapest thing you can find is good. Thank you Emma!" I added, knowing the rich girl might just dump 10 years worth of my Seven Eleven pay into something way better than what I needed.

"Alright! Ordered you a cute necklace that has 52 lightning resistance! It should be delivered later today so we can start planning out the details and start farming pikachu tomorrow!" Emma said happily while I hoped those damn yellow rats would not disappoint me like the goblins did.

With the Hero System, an inventory was obvious just like any game you have ever played. Do I know the details of how they managed to make it work? Of course not, who the fuck do you think I am? A top scientist or engineer? I am just a simple slime slayer.

All I know is the method is similar to how the AI created those dungeons where you could have a small portal in the middle of the city and it takes you to a completely new world that's massive in size.

However, there are a few major flaws in our inventory system. Unlike in video games where you can just click and sell your random junk for gold from your inventory or go to some npc and dump all your junk off.

Whenever a dungeon opens up, there are always scrap collectors outside bargaining to buy your shit for next to nothing because they know you don't have any use with most of the junk and inventory space is limited so getting any extra gold is better than nothing.