Chapter 6. Pikachu Soul

A month and half has passed since I started hunting pikachu with Emma and with my kill count at 99,812. I am sure today is the day that I will finally get my next skill.

Thanks for their somewhat cute appearance, it was easy getting access to those little yellow rats and our hunt went smoothly. Like always, the plan was simple, Emma does 90% of the work, I go in to collect the kills. As they say, don't change what's not broken and this strategy has served us well.

You might ask, what good are you if you didn't have this beautiful blonde doing all the work for you? Well, I do have this blondie so shut the fuck up and go get your own if you are jealous. Besides, she benefits just as much as me from our exp sharing.

Since we started hunting things other than slimes, she has gone from level 26 to 32. If it wasn't for my sudden discovery, she would probably still be slaying slimes for .5exp each and be at level 26. And before you complain that it was my fault to begin with that she was only killing slimes, maybe you should blame the fucking system that glitched my ability to level and made me have to do this bullshit to get stronger.

But whatever bullshit method it is, I am at least happy that I did find a way to get stronger. Afterall, what sort of lameass protagonist would I be if I didn't have the ability to level or a way to get stronger. The fucking story would have already ended if was still stuck killing slimes for no reason.

The dungeon today was close to our school, and it was just a short walk away after class ended. With only 4 and half months left until the entrance exam for Tokyo Academy, I am sweating bullets hoping and praying that lady luck shine on my ass today and let me gain an op skill.

With Emma using an ice spear skill she picked up recently when no support skill was offered, the damage was just low enough where she was able to freeze those yellow rats right in place for me to deliver the final blow.

And right on cue, the moment I sliced the 100,000th one in half and its poor little body disappeared into pixels and faded away, I got a new popup window alert from my skills window.

Now that I am finally getting to experience those popup windows. I can see why some people get addicted to leveling and trying to get stronger. Other than sex, which I still haven't had yet because of that stalking butler and maybe the pressure of meeting Emma's dad so I don't even know if this comparison even makes sense, but is there anything more pleasurable than hearing this ding and clicking on the popup window to see that you have gained power and is now stronger? Well, after hearing it for the third time, I can assure you there isn't anything else as pleasurable. Maybe. Have to wait and see after I get in Emma's pants.

Without having to tell her this time, my blondie smartly cleared up the remaining pikachu and teleported us out of the portal where we sold our extra worthless drops for some gold and headed to a boba shop where I was ready to check my new skill and celebrate with some sweet refreshment.

You know, somedays I wonder what exactly is the point of creating those weak mobs like a slime where even a 5 year old could defeat. It's almost like the AI is trying to get people to go into the dungeon and kill those suckers. But what do I know, I am just glad I can finally fulfill my duty as the protagonist and eventually save the world from whatever danger that might or might not ever occur.

Bringing me my classic pearl milk tea, Emma sat closely with her body pressed up to me, waiting excitedly for me to check what skill I just gained like she is able to see my screen. While having a cutie like Emma so close is obviously something I enjoy, But like, girl... I can see your fucking butler outside through the window ready to come in and kill me.

"Hurry up Ken! What skill did you gain?" Emma asked eagerly, sipping on whatever thing she got that's not a pearl milk tea.

"Passive skill acquired. Pikachu Soul. Passive bonus(Always Active), +20 to speed, +5 to lightning resistance, additional bonus skill, Active Skill(Cost 500 mana per cast), Thunderbolt!" Excited to see that I have gained my first ever fucking active skill, I wasted no time clicking on the skill thunderbolt to read the details to see exactly what it does.