Chapter 11: Who are you, really?

Author's note: Making Mario serious in this chapter was hard. Hopefully he's not super out of character.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin felt uneasy, he was here in this bathroom again, with Mario. Speaking of Mario, he looked like he was going to kill him.

"Alright! Mario has had it up here with you!" The plumber shouted; Kevin was surprised that Mario could even be this serious. He grabbed Kevin by the collar of his sweater and brought him in close. "You can't be Smg3's a brother! You better fess up or else Mario's gonna do something very illegal."

"Th-This is Slg4" Kevin croaked out, technically telling the truth. This was his body.

Mario's eyes looked like they were turning red. "I'm-a don't think you heard me correctly." He growled. "Who are you?! Really!?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the bathroom, Three was curled up, still clearly upset by what just happened. Four couldn't move, confused what to do.

Luckily, Meggy came to the rescue. "Smg4, I'm going to take over driving, go comfort your boyfriend."

Four nodded, he sat down, right next to Three. "Three?" Smg3 lifted his head away from his arms, tears were falling down his face. "Do- do you want to talk about what happened?"

Three looked away from Four, before shaking his head. He'd rather talk about what happened to them in that igloo then talk about his brother's weird outburst.

Four stretched out his arms "Do you just want a hug instead?" Three didn't respond, he just fell into Four arms, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

They sat there in silence, feeling the warmth of each other. A small smile appeared on Three's face. He was feeling much better, he felt so loved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin didn't know how long he'd been trying to think of an answer that didn't shatter the poor Italians mind. But it seemed like he was running out of it, because the murderous look in the plumber eyes grew, ready to kill.

Oh fuck!

...

It seemed there was only one thing he had to do.

He had to come clean.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y-you're right." The Luigi recolor choked out.

"Hm?" Mario raised his eyebrow.

"You're right I'm not Slg4." The recolor looked down, like he was ashamed of something.

"This is his body, but not his soul? Sprit? Conscious? I don't know what the right word would be."

This wasn't the first time Mario had to deal with a body snatcher. "So, you thought it would be funny to posses Three's-a dead brother?"

"W-What-? No, I didn't do this on purpose! All I wanted was to fix the wi-fi router and this shit happened. I never wanted to be here." The man still in Mario's grip, pleaded.

Mario finally let go of the man, he seemed like he was telling the truth. "If you're not Three's bro then who are you?"

The man seemed reluctant to speak, he closed his eyes searching for an answer.

Mario raised an eyebrow, confused "If you don't know your own name then-"

"Kevin." The man said, interrupting the plumber. "My name is Kevin, and I just want to go home."

'Wait a minute where has Mario heard that name before?' The plumber let out a hmm and started to think, only for him to draw to a blank, the only image in his mind was of a rotating fish.

"Wait!" Mario remembered something; Kevin stiffened. "How does fixing a wi-fi router lead to you possessing a body?"

Kevin shrugged at this "Your guess is as good as mine." He let out a deep breath. "Also, can you keep this between us, I don't everyone to freak out over me. They already have a lot on their plates."

Mario looked at the man in front of him, there was a part of him that wanted to say no but, Kevin was right. They would freak out, Three especially.

Mario put on a happy face "Don't you worry! Mario's a so good at keeping secrets! He didn't tell anybody that Three and Four were dating until they were ready!"

Kevin let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Mario."

"But." The plumber spoke again "You better apologize to Three, or else Mario's going to make sure you wish that you were never born."

The Luigi recolor shook his head in fear, letting out a squeaking noise while doing so.

The Rv had come to a complete stop. They were here.

And hopefully they will finally get some answers.