Chapter 17: The God Box is back!

Author's note: Sorry, this took so long to update! My younger brother just graduated from high school.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes went by, during that time Fm got his nose patched up and Shroomy was sewing Slg4 back together.

"Aaaand done!" Shroomy stepped back from the stretcher. "Gee, I could really use a drink now."

Cube was fast asleep on Fm's lap. He chuckled. "I'm surprised he fell asleep, guess with everything that happened, it really tuckered him out."

"I don't blame him; we were here all night." X said, putting a bandage on Fm's nose. X's smile turned into a smirk.

He gently cupped Fm's face and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Fm let out a little "Hey!". Although, there was no actual annoyance in his voice.

Meggy smiled at her friend's antics, but that was odd. Mario didn't do his usual shtick off having no filter and yelling gay or something like that. She looked around to find the plumber, only to find him by the theory board.

'What on earth is Mario doing there? He hates using his brain.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin and Luke.

Mario has heard of these names before. He tried to play it off when Kevin called Smg4, Luke. But that really didn't work.

The plumber looked up to the board, hoping it would help him find answers.

Wait, Kevin said he was trying to fix the wi-fi router. But the entire internet was down, there's no way him trying to fix the router would work.

Did he get electrocuted by the router or by the nightmare stone?

The more Mario thought about this, the more it hurt his head.

He was supposed to be the silly goofy, dumbass Italian. Not some average I.Q man over thinking things, that Smg4's job!

Something was stopping him from remembering on where he had heard those names before, he hated it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark blue eyes fluttered open, and the first thing he was met with was a pain on his side.

Great. Just lovely.

He tried to sit up, he hissed in pain. "Fuck." His voice was hoarse, but otherwise it was still the same old standard Australian voice.

At the sound of his voice, everyone looked towards the stretcher.

Smg3, who was sweeping near the hole in the wall was the first one to rush over.

Tears were in his eyes. His brother was alive. "You fucking asshole, never do that again." Three's voice nearly hiccupped.

Slg4 looked at Three in confusion. "Never do what again?"

Huh?

"You don't remember?!" Smg1 spoke up. "You saved Four's life by take a crystal for him!"

"What?" L raised an eyebrow, then something clicked in his mind. "Oh, so that's what he did what he with my body." L said flatly.

"What!?!" The entire rest of the group yelled in disbelief.

"Oh yeah," L said, like he was talking about the weather. "Some guy was summoned and possessed my body. He didn't seem too happy about that ether, don't worry."

"Well, that explains a lot actually." Three admitted. "How did you even get possessed in the first place?"

"I think I may have an idea." Fm spoke up, grabbed a book from his pocket. "The mysterious attacker dropped this before poofing away."

Four took the book out of Fm's hand, the cover of the book made all of the Smg's shiver in fear. "N-no it can't be."

"The God Box." One growled.

"B-but how? We destroyed it." Two was shaking in place.

"Wait, the box a whole cult worshiped, the box that almost caused the end of the world, that box?!?" Meggy was flabbergasted.

"I mean," Four paused, he looked down at the book cover. "What else could it be?"

"Do you think the nightmare stone and the God Box are connected in some way?" Three asked.

"Maybe..." Four opened the book, unfortunately he could not understand a single word. "Dammit."

"Hold on!" Shroomy spoke up. "Who was this person trying to summon in the first place?"

No one could answer that; however, one thing was for certain.

The God Box was back.