Chapter Nine: No Peace

Error's POV

I see Reaper hover around with his wings flapping and scythe in hand. I see a big grin on his face. I tighten the scarf around my neck, gripping it tighter. He glances over and grins.

"There you are darling.~"He says, zipping over quickly

He reaches out but then gets a tentacle around the neck with a sharp tip inches from causing damages.

"Get. Away. NOW!"Nightmare snaps, stepping between us.

"Oooh, heeey Nightmare! I wasn't going to do anything to him. How long have you-?"Reaper begins

"Bullshit. Now, let's go somewhere private to deal with this."Nightmare growls, teleporting away with Reaper

I smile a bit, feeling safer.

Drean may be right....He actually cares...

I look at all the stuff left behind and see that he summoned multiple beverages, blankets, and first aid. Among the items of the pile, I see my journal. The thing Reaper used to start all this and I hid in my room during Nightmare's confrontation. I see a purple ribbon tying around the book that holds it shut, which surprises me. I thought he'd look through the pages or bookmark it. But...he evidently didn't. I can actually trust him?

"Heya Error!~"A voice coos

I glance up, seeing Ink there.

"Jeez, what happened to you?"He asks

I frown, glancing down. He grabs me by the chin, forcing me to look at him. His eyes are pink...Shit!

I quickly knock him away with my strings and lift myself up out of his reach. I cocoon myself just to be safe, listening to the silence.

"Error! You're no fun! Let me close to you! It'll be fun for us!"He shouts

We are literally enemies!

"Fine, screw you too!"He snaps after I refused to listen

It's silent and after a few moments later, I hear a teleportation sound.

"Error? I'm back."Nightmare says

I lower back down from the strings and smile at him.

"Are you alright?"He asks

I nod, pointing to the puddle from Ink.

"You've got to be kidding me."He says, then facepalms

I smile, trying to laugh. No voice came out but my body shakes as if I was. He glances at me and sighs.

"That jerk literally put you on mute."He says

I nod, typing a message.

Didn't like the fact that I told friends what they did to me last time. And they were even more mad that Blue was able to use that info to make my glasses.

"So a real scumbag, alright."He says, then pauses

He glances at me, seeming to examine me.

"How do those glasses give your vision back anyway?"He asks

There is a device attached that he worked with Science to restore vision code. He probably didn't say who for cause that Sans would've had a soul attack if he knew he was helping me.

I smile at him as he reads the message. Then I get a wave of positivity to my left. I glance over, seeing a very grumpy Dream.

"Error! Why were you a jerk to Ink? He just complained to me about how he came to check on you and you hurt his feelings, kicking him out!"He snaps

I just shake my head while Nightmare groans.

"Dream, please. Take a moment to rethi-"He begins

"SHUT UP! This doesn't concern you, Nightmare!"Dream snaps, then quickly fires an arrow

I fire the strings, stopping it before it went into his eye. Then I send it off into the distance. I look to Dream, typing on my phone.

That was way too much of an over-reaction. Now, please rethink what you just said. Ink, an emotionless and soulless being, complains that I hurt his feelings when he came here WITHOUT warning and got kicked out. Let that sink in for a minute.

Dream stands there in confusion while Nightmare sits next to me.

"So...he lied?"He asks

Nightmare and I both groan.

"YES!"Nightmare snaps

Plus he was high off of the pink vial and I am NOT looking for that shit. Bad enough I dealt with Reaper's shit.

"Oooh, right. Yeah that's completely understandable. Sorry about him."He says

"Wait, did I miss something? What's this pink vial?"Nightmare asks

Ink uses vials to feel certain ways. Red for rage and purple for fear, etc. Pink is one of his wildest ones...Often making him more lustful than anything.

"I see...So, Dream. Since you've intruded enough, you can leave."Nightmare says

Dream sighs and teleports away after glaring Nightmare down. Then Nightmare wraps his tentacles around my bean bag seat, lifting it up and putting a blanket on me.

"I'm taking you home so you can actually have some peace and recover."He says

I grip my book and tuck my phone away as he opens a portal, carrying me through to a room that I haven't been inside of in weeks. He sets me down gently and smiles.

"We will figure out how to unmute you soon. I just want to give you some time to yourself after all.....that."He says, leaving afterwards.

I sit there for a moment. Then I lean back, hiding my face in my scarf.

What the hell was today?!

TBC