Chapter 65: Scared and In Love

Weeks later, Entropy's POV

Dear stars...I've gotten it bad...He seems like the right guy but I can't break to this pressure. My emotions will ruin me....My soul will ruin me...

I sigh, shaking my head as I wash the dishes.

"Hey Entropy?"Nightmare calls

"Yeah?"I ask

"Can we talk?"He asks

I jolt, a dish slipping from my hand into the sink.

"Let me just finish up here, ok?"I reply

"Take your time."He says

I hear the stairs creak as he walks up them. I can feel my soul pounding and face burning. What could he want to talk about? Has he caught onto me or my feelings? Oh no...

I nervously go up the stairs once finishing the dishes. The boys are at school so I don't have to worry about them.

"Nightmare? Where'd you go?"I ask, then hear noises from my room.

I step into the doorway and freeze up, seeing him in my closet with two secrets in his hands. My handmade ace and gay flags droop in his hands. I feel my body completely tense up with chills running down my spine.

Nooo...This isn't good...I'm doomed. Look at his face....He is so confused...That is always how it starts, then hatred....He is going to leave and report me to the city council...I'll be humiliated and lose the boys or any hope of peace...What am I supposed to do? I am as good as dead, losing all of my life if this gets out.

Tears come to my eyes at the thought of losing the kids I raised, my home, and all the peaceful security that I built fall apart in seconds

Nightmare smiles at me with that charming grin of his, his confusion seeming to fade.

There's the hook...Making things seem friendly...Appearing like a friend...

"These are wonderfully crafted, Entropy. Are these your flags? Your identities? I love how you express yourself with crafting."He says

He isn't mad...? About to run out and sell me out? Wait...No, these are just the lines before the sinker. He wants me to say yes, then he will comfort me and assure me that he is an ally....That he's not phobic or a jerk...Just so that he can get out of here and ruin everything...Perhaps that is why he has that notebook...

"Where did those come from?"I ask

His smile fades. I grip my arms, ready for his anger and yelling. I've heard it all before. This is my third time getting caught, as well as the reason that I moved for the third time after being ostracized from the last two towns. None are accepting of my real identities so I have to keep it hidden until I can save enough to move with the boys to the more expensive yet more inclusive, accepting towns.