Chapter 53: Destruction and Affection

Error's POV

I smile, looking around at my progress. These silly AUs won't pose a threat to my loved ones anymore. They were always so troublesome. Hmmm, but a string swing is too open for me to stay in.....

I fire my strings and make a giant cocoon in the air for me to hide inside. It looks like a large ball of yarn with enough room for me to pace in. I shut it after going inside it, opening multiple small portals to other AUs for only my strings to go through.

I will not lose them to these damn anomalies...Over my dead body that would happen. I smile proudly at my thoughts as they chase away my fears and keep me from falling down rabbit holes full of what if's. But that only lasts so long so I take the cocoon to OuterTale and gaze at the stars to try to calm down and focus again on my goal. But then...

"Glitchy? What are you doing up there?"I hear a beloved voice shout

"GeTtiNg r1d oF aNomAl13s t0 pr0t3cT y-Wa1t."I respond, pausing.

I glance down, seeing Nighty below on the ground gazing up at me as the pink paint fades from his eye and goopy tentacles.

He is okay....He is really okay....

"NiGhTY!"I exclaim, pulling him up with my strings

"Woah! Glitchy yo-MmmPH!"He begins but I cut him off with a kiss

I pull him into the cocoon, wrapping my arms around him and enjoying the kiss. My glitching picks up but I don't care. I was so worried about harm coming to him and my loved ones, I will savor this time with my boyfriend.

"Glitchy! You have to s-"He begins but I kiss him again.

"ShUt uP aNd tAkE mY aFfEcTiOn."I tell him, holding his tentacles down

His face burns up.

"I love it when you get like this."He says, his eye turning to a heart.

That was an odd comment to make since this is the first time I've pushed my need to crash aside to be affectionate to him. Usually we are a lot more careful with this so what could he mean? Eh, I brush the comment aside since he isn't resisting.

"I'm jUsT gEtTiNg sTaRtEd."I tell him, pulling him closer to me.

I shut the cocoon again and now he seems to realize that he's trapped. His entire body freezes up and I take this chance to be affectionate to every part of him, much like he did with me not that long ago under the pink vial. He yelps when I got near his neck and I could hear his soul pounding, which gives me an idea....

"Glitchy please! I see that look! I know where this is going!"He says

I kiss my way up his neck to his cheek again, feeling him shiver from the affection. I see that his face is a blushing mess and smile wider. I hold him gently, feeling him relax in my touch. I continue to give him gentle strokes from my fingers down his sides and tentacles, loving the ability to observe his adorable reactions and expressions. Then when the time seems right, I snap my fingers.

PING!

His soul appears, shining beautifully for me to see.

"YoU kNoW, NiGhTy, I hAvE sEeN a lOt oF sOuLs iN mY tiMe tRaVeLiNg tO dEsTrOy aUs..."I say with a grin

"Mhm..."He hums, sounding too out of it to really listen.

"BuT g0iNg tHrOuGh aLl oF tHeM, i HaVe nEvEr sEeN a sOuL aS bEaUtIfUl aS yOuRs."I tell him

I hear him softly gasp at the compliment, as if he didn't expect me to say that.

"YoU diDn'T kNoW? WeLl eVeRy tReAsUrE dEsErVeS t0 bE sHoWn vAlUe. AlLoW mE tO dEmoNsTrAtE."I tell him, gently grasping his soul

That already makes him twitch and yelp, his face a brighter green than a neon light. But after a few gentle touches from my fingers he relaxes again, humming in pleasure as his eye starts to blur.

That's when I decide to kiss his soul.

"GLITCHY!"He squeals

I smile at him, finding his reaction so adorable. I keep doing it to every side of his soul, then one of his tentacles lift up and point to another spot on his soul.

"SNITCH!"He snaps, forcing the tentacle down

"Hm?"

I curiously examine the spot and see nothing wrong with it. I have grown used to Nightmare's fights with his tentacles since they are usually the ones that alert me to his repressed emotions or desires, usually when he is upset and doesn't want anyone to know or when he wants cuddles and doesn't want to bother me. Quite helpful way of keeping the communication open and clear. I first learned about it when one of his tentacles slithered into my room and signaled for help back in his room. Turns out Nighty being the workaholic that he is was disregarding his need for sleep and burning himself out while reading through too many books.

So what could his tentacles be telling me now?

I kiss the spot and jolt when hearing the loudest scream that I've heard from Nighty. I glance to him to see his body fall back, his skull just a bright green ball of light now. He let out such a loud scream and yet his expression shows pure joy. Then it hits me.

This must be his sensitive spot! Interesting to know for the future.

"Ya liKe tHaT nIgHty?"I ask

He nods, then shuts his eye.

"Error! Get down here now! What are you doing to Boss?"Killer shouts

"Oh I think we all know with the way Boss was shouting for him."Dust chuckles

"Shut up, Dust! Boss had the pink paint, not Error!"Killer snaps

They're all safe?

"Let's go home, Error."Horror says

Guess I did enough to keep anyone from trying to cause harm.

I unravel the cocoon with Nighty in my arms and drop down to the gang.

"Huh, your clothes are still o-"Dust begins

SMACK!

"Get your head out of the gutter!"Killer snaps

"Is Boss okay?"Horror asks

I nod as Nighty curls up in my grip, holding onto me as he completely dozes off.

Horror presses a button to open a portal and we head through.

"This will be an interesting thing to explain..."Killer says

I chuckle, putting Nighty in bed and then stepping away to crash and reboot.

"Maybe that will clear his system of Ink's tricks."I hear Horror say

TBC