Chapter 50: Pinata Time

Error's POV

I quickly get to Blue's AU as quick as I could to find it falling apart. I find him with his brother looking around in terror and grab them both, pulling them through a portal before the AU is entirely erased.

"You...? Why did you come?"His brother asks

"Error! Thank you! Do you have any idea what is going on?"Blue asks

"BrOtHEr? I diD nOt kNoW tHaT wE arE hAvInG gUeSts!"Paps says, walking over

"You have a brother?"S!Pap asks

I nod.

"No cLuE wHaT iS hApPeNiNg. I sUsPeCt sHaTtErEd iS tArGetInG tHoSe cLoSe tO mE. YoU bOtH wiLl bE sAfE hErE wHiLe I tRy tO fiX tHiS."I say, then sign an explanation to Paps.

My brother happily welcomes them and Blue explains to his brother how Paps is deaf. They settle in and the two versions of Paps get along easily.Paps starts checking code screens to restore their AU while I start going through my head of anyone that could be endangered. I message each of them privately and go to check on the rest of the gang first, making sure Cross and any fools that aren't with Nightmare are at the castle as they should be. It's where they'll be safe and as a bonus, I get Cipher to join in helping me hunt everyone down that could be targeted. He is very willing to help given that 404 could be in trouble. Within minutes, he has 404 carried in his arms bridal style despite my friend's objections with his face a blushing mess.

I go on to check AUs and meet my friends, evacuating any that I find. While heading to AfterTale to get Geno, I hear a screech of pain and glance to see a tentacle deflected from attacking me by the necklace's barrier. I glance at Shattered dully.

"ReAlLy? YoU SeRioUsLy tHouGhT tHaT wOuLd wOrK?"I say

I glance ahead, seeing Geno sitting dozens of feet away reading a book with headphones on. Shattered chuckles, pressing a button and I see what little was left in this AU get erased. I grab Geno with my strings, then tie Shattered along with his soul in my strings before returning to the antivoid. This will end the rampage. I set Geno down and he takes his headphones off as he gets an explanation from 404 on what he got dragged into. I tie Shattered up and lift him high up above so he can't try anything. I smirk, seeing how helpless he is now and unable to do anything.

"It'S nOt mE tHaT's gOiNg tO rEgREt mY aCt1oNs!"I say

"How did you catch on so fast?"He asks

"I aM a dEsTrOyEr! I kNoW dEstRuCtiOn WhEn i SeNsE iT!"I chuckle, then turn to my friends gathered in my home

I sigh, shaking my head.

"I aM soRrY tHaT y0u-"I begin

"Shut up. It's his stupidity that got us here, not you."Geno says

"NoW wE hAvE tO fIgUrE oUt a SolUtiOn."404 says, the rest nodding.

They gather with Paps, opening code screens and trying to figure out a solution.

"Glitchy! There you are!"Nighty exclaims as he rises into my home beside me from his goop

"Hi NigHtY! SoRrY I diDn'T mEsSaGe yOu, iT hAs bEeN crA-OoF!"I say, getting knocked back by a hug

"You're okay!"He cheers, hugging me close to him

Then I feel tears hit my shoulder.

"I'm so glad that you're okay!"He says, his voice cracking

Is...Is he ok? This goes past his usual protective clinginess....

"NiGhTy? ArE yOu oKaY? Why aRe yOu cRyInG?"I ask

Then he shuts down, his crying stopping as he looks at me blankly. It's like a switch got flipped.

"I'm okay. Why do you have him hanging as a piñata?"He asks to change the subject.

Why do I get a bad feeling about this?

"He wAs cAuSiNg tRouBlE bUt iT iS hAndLeD nOw! DoN't wOrRy!"I tell him

I smile at him happily as he sighs with relief.

Maybe he just panicked...It's fine...

"So is he going to get bashed like a piñata?"He asks

Heads turn and grins appear on faces at that suggestion. I glance up, seeing Shattered tense up in my strings and lose his smile.

"You aren't actually going to do that stupid shit, right?"He asks

I grin, lowering him within reach as my friends summon their weapons. They grin, gathering closer and I see Shattered's face go pale. I step away, letting them have their fun.

I wonder if any "candy" will come out. Heh...Now to figure out their ways back home and that date with Nighty...

TBC