Chapter 3: Failure

Emerald pov: Time stopped for a moment. The world slowed down only for reality to hit me and time started to move forward again. Along with the worst and most unbearable pain I've ever felt. It's as if they were burning me alive with acid. I tried to stay awake. I tried to get up. To move. TO DO ANYTHING! I clawed the snow and curled myself wishing the pain would go away. Everything was so loud and painful. I could hear laughing and Sans but I couldn't listen. I couldn't focus. "Everything hurts" I just want everything to stop.....Then it did. Everything went away. No noise. No pain. I gulped the air desperately, relieved that pain was gone...but something felt different

Sans pov: "Hey umm kid, your..alright?" I don't know what I was looking at. Last time I checked I was worried for a human, not a 40 foot long dragon. "WHAT THE- WHAT?! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" "What did you do, bud" but he still looked shocked. He might not even know what he did. A loud growl sounded behind me , it looked like the kid found out. "Hey calm down, it's okay" She started looking frantically everywhere until she spotted Flowey and started growling. "Hehe umm.. Nice oversized lizard" "Really bud?" She then started attacking by swing her claw? Hand? at him. "Hey, watch it!" She roared back, guess she said something? I dodged some attacks that were thrown randomly by Flowey and dodged a swinging tail. All this teleporting is getting me a bit tired. I then noticed Flowey hiding behind a tree, what was he doing? "Are you too big? Cause you havent hit me yet~" Wait he's trying to- "Watch out!" She barely dodged Flowey's attack but she...tripped in her tail, which made a tree fall. I teleported away before the tree could fall on top of me.

Emerald pov: "Well, would you look at that you almost killed Sans back there. What would happen then?" I tried to scratch him but I only scratched a poor tree instead. "Those claws look really dangerous? I wonder what the others would think?" I tried to not listen to him and attack but I missed again. "Its been a fun day, see you later" He then left, leaving nothing behind. As if he wasn't there in the first place. All of his words started playing in my head. What if....I am too dangerous. I almost hit Sans...if he didn't teleport in time....Papyrus would never forgive me. No one would...My brother....They would all be scared of me...What would they think? Would they really be friends with a freak like me? I don't even know if i can turn back?! If I'm stuck like this....I could never go back..I would be alone. Everyone would be scared. I-"Hey im fine, don't listen to him" I know I shouldn't but...I looked back at the marks in the tree. Three big deep claw marks. Marks that were made by me. How could my brother be safe with me around? "We"ll find a way to fix this kay?" Sans reassured me "Yeah......your right".......Wait. I SPOKE! I looked at my hands and my feet. I wasn't big anymore, I wasn't covered in green scales. I was back as a human! Even Sans looked surprised. I then spotted something behind me, the only evidence of this happening, a tail. "Well this is going to be an interesting tail" Sans said, probably to cheer me up. "Ehh it's more like a drag-on my back" We stood still in silence for a moment. The cold wind was the only thing you could hear. "We should probably head back. Your bro was real worried about you" He would, especially if I just vanished like that. "yeah.....I know" I then looked back at the tail behind me. "Hey umm Sans" he hummed so I continued "Can we just...keep this a secret for now? I'm not sure if.......i'm ready to tell them" "sure kid, but last time I checked they are good at paying attention to de-tail" I looked back for the third time at my tail, until I thought of something. I grabbed it and wrapped it around my waist and made a knot. I pulled on my jacket to cover it up. "Ta-dah?" I said weakly. "Is that comfortable?" Honestly, it felt very uncomfortable but its better than telling them now. "Its fine" Sans then teleported us back home to meet a bunch of worried and confused faces. Oh great..

Meanwhile:

Frisk pov: I waited near Snowdin's welcome sign until i heard someone yell my name "FRIISSKK!" 'well guess your dumb friend is here' I ignored Chara and looked at Leo instead. "Whats the news agent Pancakes?""Mysisterismissing.Idontknowwheresheis.shesbeengonesinceweleftWaterfallforourcookinglessonsandwegotdirtysowewenthomeShealwaystellsmewhereshegoes.Imreallyworriedabout-" "Calm down Leo, take breath and explain more slowly" 'I didnt understand a single thing the Shrimp said.' 'You think I did?- Wait, did you call him a shrimp?' 'He wears orange and red and he's small, he looks like one' Okay...back to the issue "Sorry Frisk. I...meant to say that my sister is missing" "Emerald's missing?" "yeah...I..don't know where she went. She always tells me where she goes." Leo said more to himself than me. "BUT we are going to find her..That's our mission, to find my sister before Dinner." Leo looked very hopeful then before which I'm happy for. "So what should we do?" "Well my sister likes to hang around near the forest and Waterfall. But Sans is already checking the forest, so we are going to check Waterfall" 'So the mediocre bonehead is already checking the forest?' 'Chara!' 'What I didnt curse this time?' I ignored Chara and started following Leo to Waterfall

~Hours later~

Leo pov: I sat down near a bench. We haven't found my sister and we looked everywhere. Sans hasn't called either. I'm starting to get more worried, me and my sister were never apart this long before. I could feel tears starting to drop while sniffing."Hey don't worry, we will find her. We shouldn't give up, we have to keep trying. We have to be determined" I thought about what Frisk said. My sister would never want me to give up. I rubbed my eyes and took a breath. "Your right...plus we haven't checked Hotland" "HEY NERDS!" We heard Undyne say as she headed toward us. "What are you two doing here?" "My sister is missing so we are going to check Hotland wanna join us" "Umm I can't, sorry but I can check New Home if you want, I was on my way there anyways" "Thanks Undyne" 

No one pov: And so the two small children reached Hotland and searched. Alphs decided to help by looking at the cameras but found nothing. So the two headed back to Snowdin, entering home to meet Papyrus and Undyne who had no report. They were starting to worry until two people showed up from thin air into the same living room.