chapter 9: Sleep Deprivation

Okay, quick warning there might be a lot of swearing up ahead then usual so.... heads up!

Emerald pov: Its been a WHOLE FUCKING WEEK! A WHOLE week and FOUR days since I've slept! Nightmare, the goopy octopus has been making these weird illusions, hallucinations whatever you want to call them! I thought I was working for a villain not a stalker. Sheesh, I already agreed to his terms, can't he leave me the hell alone? Dream, Ink, and Blue visited yesterday and I could tell he looked concerned. He probably felt the negativity, which was the reason they visited. I noticed Nightmare didn't cause any hallucinations while Leo and I were hanging out with them......It would be nice if Dream visited again. No! That would be selfish of me. "Hey kid, are you alright?"

Sans pov: "Yeah... i'm fine" but her face tells me something else. She literally has bags under her eyes. "Really? Cause you look bone tired." "SANS.." Paps yelled. "BUT SANS IS CORRECT. HAVE YOU BEEN SLEEPING WELL?" "Sis, have you been sleeping?" Leo asked. "Dont worry im fine, really." She then took a sip of her hot sauce. She's definitely hiding something and it's taking its toll on her. "Hey, i got a hot idea. Lets visit the others, bet that'll cool your fiery mood" While my puntastic puns were more or less not pleasing for the two it did earn one laugh. "Phfft fine, but you're gonna stop Red and I if our arguments start heating up." "Sis you should control yourself, last time you got hurt!" I remember, at least Red wasn't planning on seriously dusting her. A little friendly talk should prevent that from happening again. Emerald only gasped dramatically. "Red started it, he called me weak first and you know how I get when someone says that." After our little talk we teleported to the others. "Hey guys' ' they all greeted us back. "Wow, what the hell happened to you. You look dead." Red yelled. " Emerald! Have you had any sleep?!" Blue came in and asked. "You look tired to the bone" Stretch yelled from the couch. I didn't plan this.

Emerald pov: Oh great, now everyones worried. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just haven't gotten enough Z's that's all" I simply said, but i'm pretty sure they didn't buy it. "Hey, is someone's pasta burning?" "MY LASAGNA, RED I TOLD YOU TO CHECK IT" "Sorry Boss" Edge went running to the kitchen dragging Red while everything seemed to go back to normal. I sat down and joined Stretch by lying down on the floor. I heard my brother walk to the kitchen. Everyone was either in the kitchen or in the hall. "Haven't been sleeping?" "Do I really look that bad?" "Nah, the bags under your eyes aren't that noticeable" I laughed a bit until my brother handed me a stack of pancakes. He then handed Stretch a stack as well. "Well, how is it!" I got up and noticed that he handed everyone their own stack of pancakes. How long was I lying down for? "Sis" oh right. I looked at the stack and took a bite. I'm used to his...delicious....pancakes. Papyrus seems to enjoy it too, and Classic seems used to it. The others.......weren't. "They are terrible." Edge said. I glared at him "What?!" "He said they are flipping awesome!" I hope my brother really didn't hear what Edge said. "Well there's plenty more" "The more pancakes the butter" Red started. "Like they say life is batter with pancakes" I responded. " These pancake my day" Stretch said "I can deal with more pun cakes." Classic added. We all looked at each other and laughed nonstop. We could hear yelling and groans. "That's it! I can't pancake it anymore!" The room fell dead silent. "Leo, did you just-" "NOOO! I can't believe it! I didn't mean to!" Leo then stormed out into the hallway. Before I could say anything the place changed, the room grew darker and my brother stood in front of me? "I hate you. I hate you!" Those words started ringing in my head. W-w-we were just kidding right now. My brother would never hate me. H-He would ne- "Hey you ok? You kind of zoned out there?" I heard Classic's voice. Everything then became bright again. " Yeah, hey why don't we all play some video games?" Maybe some gaming will take away this sudden headache. "A racing game!" Leo yelled. We started to prepare the living room until Horror stopped me and teleported me to the kitchen." "Are-" "Horror I'm fine. None of this is your fault, I agreed and it was my decision okay" I simply said but he still looked worried. " Come on Horror, let's go race and use some power ups to annoy the others." "The red ones are the worst" "Nah, the blue one is definitely the worst one"

~Time Skip (Back in Undertale)~ 

Emerald pov: I collapsed in my bed, exhausted of...everything. "So kid.....What's wrong?" Sans teleported in and asked. Augh, not this again. "Nothing." "Really? Cause there's definitely something wrong" "I- I just haven't had a good sleep" I said, it wasn't a lie. "And why?" Should I tell him? What if something happens? But there's no way they could destroy Undertale right? But ...what will Sans think when he knows what I did? "I've just been having the same.....nightmares" "Kid.....Don't worry they're just nightmares" "I wish they were..." If you want you can tell me any time" I've told Sans about my other nightmares but not every little detail. If only he knew this was a real Nightmare "Well good night, kiddo" "night" I said. I could feel my body begging to sleep but...i can't. Before I knew it I gave in, closing my eyes as I felt the nightmare begin.