Wakas

Part 1

I couldn't move as soon as the news struck my mind. Evangeline is critical! Our son is critical!

"Dude, calm down! Pati ikaw madidisgrasya kapag hindi ka kumalma!" Bastian is already throwing daggers at me as he spoke those words.

Even though I want to calm down, damn it! I can't do it. It feels like the ground has closed in on me, and an eternal darkness is welcoming me. Especially when they declared her dead, and only our premature child was saved. If I was short of breath when I arrived here, it feels like I've completely run out of air upon seeing her corpse.

My sweet Evangeline is lying coldly, lifeless... and will no longer open her eyes to see me. Kahit anong gawin kong pag-iyak. Kahit anong gawin kong pagmamakaawa, she will no longer hear me.

I don't know which is worst to watch. My son who's fighting for his life, whether he'll be alive or not or my fiance who's coffin is slowly being put down to her grave.

Fuck this! Balewala ang mga matang nakatingin sa akin. Wala akong pakealam kung malaman nilang mahina ako at iyakin. This will be the last time I'll see her face. Halos ayaw kong pakawalan ang kabaong niya at ginustong yakapin iyon hanggang sa mawalan ako ng malay. But that would be selfish. She needs to be at peace. I need to let her go so she could be at peace.

My fist crumpled as I took one last glance to my son. He's improving. At dahil doon, napapanatag ang loob ko. Siya lang ang pinanghahawakan ko ngayon. Siya lang ang dahilan kung nagpipilit pa akong bumangon sa araw-araw. Nadagdagan na lamang iyon nang matanggap ko ang balitang... buhay ang babaeng dahilan kung bakit nawala si Evangeline.

Ako mismo ang nag-imbestiga at tumutok sa kaso. Mariin at nakamamatay ang uri ng tingin na ipinupukol ko sa kaniya. This woman right here is the main reason of all my misery. I remember her as someone who's timid and shy way back in college.

Sinong mag-aakala na ang babaeng 'to, na may maamong mukha ay may itinatagong nakakasurang pagkatao? She had sex with her men and decided to play a goddamn hide and seek with them, resulting to an accident that cause my Evangeline's life.

This woman ruined our life ahead! A slut who fucking turned someone's life a mess. She took the chance from me to build a family. Tangina! Ikakasal na kami. Isang buwan na lang... kinuha niya pa.

"She's in coma. If she wakes up, we should expect terminal damage since the impact of their cars is impulsive. Maswerte lang siya na nabuhay," si Siegfrid at inabot sa akin ang kapeng binili.

I silently took that and sip on the cup. Lucky? No, she's not. Dahil kapag nagising siya, whatever happens, I will make her suffer. I will make her life like hell that she will only wish that she died instead of Evangeline.

"Babe..." I heard her calm voice.

This happened not just once but countless of times. Line has been visiting me through my dreams. Showing me how comfortable, happy and safe she is wherever she's right now. She doesn't look sad at all. She's... at peace.

Her bright skin looks blurry but I can definitely picture her off-shoulder length hair swaying with the wind. I took a step to move towards her but she's getting far everytime I do that. Paulit-ulit na sa panaginip na iyon ipinamumukha sa aking hindi ko na kailanman siya malalapitan o mahahawakan man lang.

Sa bawat araw na magigising ako mula sa ganoong panaginip, lalong tumitindi ang galit ko para kay Rosalie Cortez. My eagerness to mess with her tightened more when my son was indeed given a chance to survive his premature days but he has illness he needs to overcome.

The woman I'm currently gazing at is responsible for all the misfortunes I've encountered in my life. Her captivating black eyes are so filled with depth that I almost lost my breath when they first met mine. She appeared vulnerable and exhausted.