Atsushi on lunch break

Tw Eating disorder, Child abuse

The armed detective agency is having a lunch break and so everyone are geting ready, or alredy eating their food. Dazai is eating canned crab and talking to Tanizaki (but actualy to everyone) about how much he want's to commit suicide with a beautiful woman but before it he want's to eat a crab with her. Ginger eating a nicely packed by his sister bento next to him chuckles weirded out not realy knowing how to answer. He looks other way to escape this not so normal conversation with the brunette. As he turns his head he sees a silver haired boy sitting besides his desk. Dazai sat besides Tanizaki so now that his desk is free the boy can sit beside Atsushi. Smiling, ginger walks up to him together with his bento, he is about to ask what's silver haired eating but stops as he notices that Atsushi doesn't have anything on the desk in front of him.
Tanizaki tilts his head a little in confusion and asks why isn't the other eating anything? Atsushi looks at him only now noticing his presence in the chair next to his. He lifts his hand to the longer strand of his silver hair and fidgets with it looking nervous while searching for an answer or even a at least belivable excuse. Tanizaki notices his distress and nervousnes so he skillfuly changed the topic (talking about what they have to do today) but not forgeting about this, just saving the talk for a more suitable moment.

The break soon finished and Atsushi grabbed documents laying on his desk, then standing up and going to Ranpo who grabs the paper with his a bit sticky from a jelly bean he has been eating hands. Ranpo examines all of the text writen in document, he does it as fast as he reaches for another green jelly bean throwing it to his mouth. After finishing chewing on the green jeally bean, detevtive looks with his closed eyes on the boy infront of his desk. Atsushi stands still the whole time waiting for anything his coworker will say. Black haired sneezes loudly making the other jump like a scared cat, then he tells him a place where Atsushi needs to go and tells him some hints about how to solve this case. Atsushi stares blankly at him to next burst out saying he has his stuf to do and older male should do his. Black haired just spins on his chair and says that he doesn't want to do it because it's too boring. Sighning Atsushi agrees but before heding for the door tells Ranpo that he will need to give him one of his sweets for this. Ranpo says "okie" (he lies).

By now most people in the ADA finished their job and went home, the only ones that are still in the office are Tanizaki, Dazai(weirdly?) and as a loud band of the door is heard- also a very sweting and beathless Atsushi. Tanizaki, not realy having a lot to do only finishing a raport, immediantly walked to other boy asking if he's alright and why is he so out of breath and wet. Gray haired looked around and to Ranpo's desk, older detective being gone makes Atsushi groan. Then he turns his head and looks emberessed at Tanizaki. Atsushi explains that he accidently fell to water while doing Ranpo's case. Ginger does a understending sound and asks him if he has any more work today. Thankfully Atsushi responded "no" while squeezing some of his hair to get the water out of them. Tanizaki taking in how wet his clothes and whole him in general are proposed that he changes into a change of clothes. Atsushi let's go of his hair and shakes his head saying that he doesn't have any clothes. Ginger sighs (not annoyed just a normal sigh) and grabbs others hand saying that he can change in his, Atsushi tries to protest saying he's going home anyways so there's no need. But then Tanizaki protested on his protest saying that Kyoka will be extremaly woried if she sees gray haired come home all soaked wet. Atsushi thinks for a few seconds finally lowering his head in defeat as ginger boy dragged him into the storage room.

They walked in and Tanizaki told other to wait for a second and he's just gonna go get his spare clothes. Gray haired nodded and as the door closed with a light impact he sat on the ground fidling with his hair out of boredom. Ginger soon returned with a white button uo shirt and gray-ish jeans. Atsushi started taking off his clothes, first shirt. He was a bit uncomfortable at first then as he rememebred that he has a few gross scars from the orphanage. But he shook his head telling himself that his coworkers were good people (It's Atsushi's thoughts) and they wouldn't think of him differently if they saw his scars. Tanizaki held the clothes while other unclothed, he would come out to let him do this himself but honestly theur both man and also Atushi didn't seem to mind so he just held the clothes for him, he still looked away tho. Gray haired reached for the white shirt, Tanizak seeing it grabbed the shirt and held it infront of Atsushi who thanked and began to unbutton the shirt. While he did so Tanizaki stared at him stared because now that he turned his head Atsushi's way he could see him. Or more specificly his ribcage as well as other bones on display, he looked like a skeleton and now Tanizaki rememebred their conversation from lunch break. Gingers' hand grabbed silver haired's wrist, he looked at other with confusion stoping his work of unbuttoning the shirt. Tanizaki gasped in awe as his hand fully grabbed the whole wrist, he looked at Atsushi's confused face.
"Atsushi... Have you been eating?"
Atsushi's eyes loose any emotion they held a second ago and he immediantly took his hand back holding it behind himself. Tanizaki took it as answer.
"Listen... Is there any reason for you not eating? If there is telling anyone could make it easier to help you Atsushi."