Chapter 5: Take A Chance

Although she didn't have to be, Leafy was in her company's studio practicing.

This wasn't how she had wanted to spend her days after a show but Four convinced her to come because they had something to tell her.

Four was in their office filling out some papers as Leafy attempted some new choreography that she had seen from another Idol's live show, an overall pleasant atmosphere.

Four walked into the hall with a smile on their face and a piece of paper in their hand.

"You ready to hear some great news?" they asked.

"Yep, this practice is getting boring," she whined.

"Well,you'll need to double it this week, because..." Four paused, using the wall to create a makeshift drumroll.

"You've been offered a chance to preform a solo show!"

Leafy's heart skipped a beat as the news sank in.

After all this time, a solo show!

"Oh my God, that's amazing! How did this happen?" she questioned excitedly.

"Well, there's an Idol event being run by a small stadium, each day of the week an Idol preforms to raise money for a charity and it just so happens that the person in charge of it all was at the show last night," Four announced.

"Woah, small world isn't it?" Leafy joked.

"She thought you performed incredibly well and she got in contact with me, I told her that you stood in last minute and it basically sealed the deal," they said.

"She told me she always felt bad for you, she thinks the video was taken out of context and she's always been on your side," Four added.

"Really? Thank God one person actually saw it like that, I was totally set up!" Leafy's tone began to become angrier.

"Don't focus on that, you have a show to prepare for, this could be big!" Four encouraged.

"I'm so happy Four, thank you so much," Leafy squealed as she hugged Four.

"It was only a matter of time really, things are starting to look up in terms of your image and career," they noted.

"But you've helped me keep on track, if it weren't for your skills I would have given up the day it all went to hell," Leafy laughed.

"I just gave you advice, you didn't have to take it but I will take credit for most of it," Four smiled.

Leafy worked extremely hard for the rest of the afternoon, imagining herself on the stage with hundreds maybe thousands of people watching her and she felt elated.

When she finished up for the day and went on her way home she decided to treat herself to an caramel iced-latte, to celebrate her new solo concert.

As she waited for her drink to be made she spotted someone she recognised in a corner of the coffee shop.

It was Firey.

She grabbed her order and walked over to him.

"Hey, fancy seeing you here," she beamed.

His expression turned sour as he realised she was there and she watched him outwardly cringe.

"Hello Leafy, why are you at my table?" he asked with fake enthusiasm.

"Well, I spotted you and wanted to come say hi!" she smiled.

"You've done that now, so you can leave," he huffed.