Chapter 30: Give me truth

After months of preparation and rigorous training, the competition was finally here.

It was pretty early in the morning as mic checks needed to be done or in case any last minute adjustments needed to be made.

Leafy hadn't gotten changed yet, she was sitting in her dressing room with Four, doing her best to stay calm and not pass out.

She was terrified, this night meant more to her than anything, one final attempt at securing her spot in the Idol industry.

After countless setbacks, rumours and hate that almost brought everything to a halt, she was here, being given another go.

There was tough competition, of course there was, the prize for coming out on top was essentially the title of the top idol.

As well as all the perks that came with it, money, brand deals, partnerships and so much more.

She needed to win this because if she didn't, she would remain a B-tier Idol for the rest of her career.

"You're gonna do fine Leafy, you need to compose yourself, don't get in your head," Four said as they got her some water.

"Easier said than done, this is just so important, I don't wanna let you down," Leafy sighed, her head in her hands.

"You won't let me down, even just going on that stage will help your career, this is all live, people will see you," Four assured.

"I want them to see me win, not do some half assed job," Leafy scoffed.

"Leafy, in your entire time as an Idol you've ever done anything half-assed, no matter what, you'll do well," Four insisted.

"It's scary, I'm being reminded of my first concert and I feel like a novice again," Leafy chuckled shakily.

"But you're not, you have experience, you're tougher than the rest of these girls, don't even give them any thought," Four smiled.

"You've put so much work into my career, I don't want it to go to waste," Leafy frowned.

"Trust me, it won't, please try to be calm, I've got to go sort some stuff out so I can't talk to you until the show starts but remember what I said, okay?" Four said as they stood up.

"Alright," Leafy nodded.

"Promise?"

"Promise,"

...

Firey had no idea stadiums could be so big, he felt dizzy when he looked up at the high support beams.

There was still a couple hours until the event but security and staff had to get there a little earlier to organize and plan things.

He hadn't been able to talk to Leafy or wish her luck but he could just talk to her afterwards so he didn't see it as a big deal.

This was the biggest event he had ever been to, seeing all the preparation that went into it was insane, the lights, the sound system and all the effects must have cost more money than he could ever dream of.

He still thought it was weird how much money and effort was put into these shows and how devoted people were to the girls that performed but he had a better understanding now so he wasn't as judgemental as he used to be.

Besides, Ruby had done and event like this too and had done really well and he would never dare ridicule her dream.

After buying himself a drink, he wandered aimlessly around, talking to other members of security if he happened to bump into them.