Chapter 7: Deeper Than Blood

Leafy Verte.

The most popular female Idol, the girl everyone wanted to be, selling sold out shows and on the verge of greatness.

At least that's what they used to say.

Four sighed as they stared at the poster for Leafy's first concert, her debut that was still up in their office after all this time.

Leafy had been scouted when she was just eleven years old, by of Four's old co-worker, they saw her on the street outside an old arcade, an area that scouts usually scoured for "fresh meat".

Four hated this part of the job.

They took her details and a week later she was in a studio with four other girls, all around the same age as her and standing in a row, all of them had the same terrified look in their eyes, trying to hide it with a smile.

Leafy was the best at it though, you almost couldn't tell she hadn't done this before, but she was clearly just as inexperienced as the others.

Four felt drawn to Leafy the most out of the girls, strange because they usually felt nothing but pity for new fish trying to jump into the vast, unforgiving sea of the Idol industry.

At first, Four had no idea why they felt a need to protect this green haired girl until she turned and flashed a smile at them.

Leafy reminded them of a young Idol they had known a long time ago, an Idol they had failed to protect, an Idol who was just as sweet as Leafy seemed.

Four sighed at the memory of this golden haired, sunflower like person and felt regret surge over them.

They had just started out trying to be a manager, Four was still young at the time and was barely older than the sweet Idol who caught their eye.

Four had been there for their first day, just like they were for Leafy but the mistake they made the first time was being too slow to act.

That would not happen again.

Four's hands clenched into fists as they listened to the disgusting "compliments" and remarks that these grown men were making about a group of young girls.

Horrible, depraved words that were aimed at the group, the girls completely unaware that behind the encouragement and smiles, there hid malice.

Four's mind was made up when they heard someone comment on Leafy in a way that if it was said in any other situation, he would be in jail.

Four stood up, kicking that person in the shin, walked over to Leafy, asking her that she go with them for a moment and brought her over to the company's owner.

"I would like to request that I become this applicant's personal manager,"

Four told Leafy to cover her ears as they explained why they had asked this so suddenly.

Four had been in this industry for a while, the company manager trusted their judgement and after some time, it was all arranged that Four would manage Leafy separately to the other girls.

This not only made it easier to keep her safe but it also made it easier to shoot her to fame.

After a few months of Leafy being an official Idol, by now she was twelve, Four had learned more about her.

Four asked how her parents were okay with what she was doing and she told him that they didn't care.

Her father wasn't around and her mother barely gave her the time of day unless she had gotten her pay, since Leafy had debuted, she hadn't spoken to her mother at all.