Chapter 31: Decisions and Choices

Leafy sighed as she pushed her bowl away, fresh fruit was not exactly comfort food.

She stared at her phone that was flat on the table and turned it on.

No new notifications.

She didn't know what she was expecting, she had blocked Firey on all forms of contact two weeks ago.

Sadly, she had a show tomorrow meaning that Firey would be there but she would do her damn best to avoid him.

After her big win at the competition she's hardly had any time to rest, filming of the movie was in its final stretch and she kept being called for modeling photo shoots.

The only time she had to rest was at night but nowadays she could hardly sleep at all.

It always felt too cold and quiet at night and she couldn't count how many times she had cried in the darkness.

Energy drinks and coffee had been her best friend these days.

She hadn't said a word to anyone about what she was dealing with or what had happened, it all sounded stupid now.

However, she wasn't the best at keeping herself bottled and things were starting to seep into her behavior.

She kept making mistakes when filming, she kept tripping or missing steps during training and something about her was less vibrant.

All of this was noticed by Four who had been keeping an eye on her.

They walked in and sat across from Leafy at the table, sipping their coffee as they watched her.

"What?" Leafy sighed, putting her fork down.

"You've been here for quite a while and you haven't come close to finished your food," Four shrugged.

"Fruit salad isn't exactly comfort food," Leafy remarked.

"So there's something wrong?" Four asked, sitting up a bit.

"No, not at all," Leafy said a bit too quickly.

Four gave a look that expressed quite clearly that they didn't believe her for a second.

Leafy felt scrutinized under Four's gaze as they narrowed their eyes at her, it was like she was being interrogated.

She slouched a bit and looked away, like a child who had been caught breaking an expensive vase.

"Don't lie Leafy, whatever it is it'll be okay," Four said with only slight menace.

"I broke up with Firey," she finally confessed.

...

"Why?"

Leafy could see the hatred and poison plainly through Four, they were immediately tense and their expression grew darker.

Firey has stated multiple times that he was scared of Four and despite everything, deep down, Leafy still cared about him.

She took a breath and relaxed herself, sitting up properly to appear more mature.

"If I want to be serious as an Idol then I can't tie my heart down to one person, it's too risky and too selfish," she said calmly.

"There are thousands of people who yell my name, why should I deny them because of my silly feelings,"

Four's face softened a bit but remained scary.

"So, who broke up with who?" Four questioned.

"I broke up with him," she answered truthfully.