Chapter 8: Admiration And Regret

After weeks of preparation and hardworking from everyone involved, it was finally the day of Leafy's show.

Her first solo show for a long time.

She had trained and worked non stop, ensuring that every movement, every step was perfected.

Until she was perfected.

That's what Firey had been told anyway.

The event didn't start until the evening but due to the scale of it, Leafy had to go for mic checks and because Firey was her bodyguard, he had to get up really early to catch a train to the stadium.

He had been walking around and exploring the place once he had gotten his briefing.

He was in charge of a small group of security, he had to make sure they did their jobs right and didn't leave their positions.

It felt strange to him to be in charge of a group of people who were older than him, Firey was twenty-one, everyone else seemed to be much older.

He could also tell that some of the much older and more experienced people didn't want to take orders from him and he understood that but he wasn't going to be yelling at any of them, in his eyes they were all on the same level.

Firey had walked up to the highest level of the stadium, he was basically on the roof on a walk-way known as "The Sky Path". Tours of the city were often held up here as it provided a bird's-eye view of the whole place.

Unfortunately, Firey had forgotten that he was scared of heights and was now clinging to the bars for dear life as he felt vertigo hit him like a truck.

He closed his eyes as he stood frozen in place with a sick feeling in his stomach, thank God no one else could see him.

"Hello!"

Firey nearly jumped over the side when a familiar voice spoke over the stadium's speakers.

He had fallen forward and was now on his knees, shaking like crazy as he turned his head to the side and looked down.

He saw Leafy standing on the stage, holding a microphone and laughing with the stage crew.

They were doing mic checks, Four had mentioned that to him in a text they sent earlier.

Firey carefully stood up and placed both hands on the same railing as he watched what was happening below him.

Leafy was standing in the center of the stage and the crew had walked away from her a bit, she gave one of them a thumbs-up and music started playing.

She started singing along and dancing with the music but not to the best of her ability, probably because she was trying to save as much energy as she could for the real deal.

But she still made it look good.

Firey was transfixed as he watched her twirl and move almost like a snake, he couldn't take his eyes off her.

Everything about her just looked...

She was really pretty.

She even sounded pretty.

They didn't do the whole song as the music gradually died down after the first chorus, Leafy gave a small bow to the people around her.

Then she did a peace sign towards Firey's general vicinity.

"Thanks for being here!" she said happily.

How could she possibly tell it was him? He was dressed like all the other members of the security team.

Idolised LiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara