Chapter 25: Secret Side

"It shouldn't be too long now," Leafy called from her kitchen.

"Thank you," Firey replied tiredly.

Firey was sat on Leafy's couch with a soft green blanket wrapped around him and a cup of water in his hand.

He still didn't feel well, he was dizzy and woozy and his muscles felt weak and heavy, according to Leafy, he also looked very pale.

Leafy was doing her best to get him right again, making sure he was comfortable and she was in the process of making him some soup.

She didn't really have a talent for cooking so it was just soup from a packet but it still meant something to Firey.

She had tied her hair up into a little pony tail and for the sake of the aesthetic, Leafy decided to put on her apron.

Firey watched as she stood in the kitchen, unable to take his eyes off her, he never told her but he loved when she had her hair up like that, it was so flattering and it really showed off her pretty face.

She sang as she waited for the soup to cook, she had an amazing voice even when she wasn't trying and it was very soothing to Firey.

Her voice was so soft and calming and the image of her just doing everyday jobs, tying her hair up and just being so kind and attentive made him feel squeezy and just a little bit nervous.

He was comfortable, right now, he could kid himself that he had nothing to worry about, that it was simply himself and his girlfriend, no past, no stupid college work, no stupid fears.

Just himself and his girlfriend.

The idea that Leafy was his girlfriend still felt strange to him, he had never dated anyone before, he still wasn't used to the idea of being someone's partner.

He was hers and as much as he liked how it sound, it felt oddly bittersweet.

No, he wasn't gonna do that to himself right now, for once he was going to let himself be happy, he was going to focus on what he had.

He pulled the blanket around him and curled up, holding a pillow to his chest and closed his eyes.

"Hey, don't fall asleep on me now, your soup is done,"

Firey opened his eyes to see Leafy kneeling beside him with the cutest, most spark inducing smile he had ever seen.

But it was her eyes that really left him awestruck, the plethora of hues that went hand in hand with eachother, how they reminded him of a summer field after a light rain, the sun dappling the drops on the grass making it shimmer.

"So, are you gonna sit up?" Leafy laughed softly.

"You have the most amazing eyes," Firey whispered.

Leafy was surprised, she hadn't been prepared for a compliment but it made her feel giggly and happy.

"Yours aren't too bad either, Pom-Pom but let's get you eating something, you need it," she smiled, caressing his cheek with her hand.

"I'll fall asleep if you do that," Firey yawned.

"Save that for later, eat first," Leafy told him before standing up to grab his soup from the kitchen.

After being handed the soup, Firey slowly began to eat it, the temperature was lovely and it warmed him almost immediately.

"Are you not gonna have some?" Firey asked once he realised that all Leafy had was a small low-fat juice carton.

"No, I'm not, I have a pretty strict diet to follow since I'm an Idol and soup isn't on the agenda today," she shrugged.

Idolised Liesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें