Chapter 14: Heartfelt Handshake

Leafy was excited, she was in her dressing room doing some last minute touch ups to her makeup, humming as she did so.

She enjoyed events where she could engage with her fans, it meant they got to see her in a different light and if she played the game right, people would post online about how sweet and kind she was in real life and more  fans would want shows.

A stage manager knocked on the door and told her she would be performing in ten minutes and she needed to go and join the other girls, Leafy happily got up and left her dressing room.

As she stood back stage, having mics be adjusted to her she smiled at Ice Cube who have a small, one sided smile back.

Four came over to her and chatted for a few minutes, wishing her a good show and assuring her she would do great.

Leafy was almost bouncing with excitement as an announcement was made and an uproar came from the crowd and she felt that usual giddy feeling in her chest that she got whenever she could her the sound vibrating on the floor beneath her.

But she didn't let it get to her, she was a professional after all, the other girls must be shaking right now, average newbie behavior.

Waving as she made her way to the center of the stage, Leafy smiled at the crowd of people, all with lightsticks in their hands and cheering and yelling for the group.

Her eyes scanned the sea of people, searching for one singular person.

Thankfully, his resting frowning expression and sunglasses made him stand out to her.

Or maybe she was just drawn to him, who knows?

He looked up at her, even behind the dark sunglasses, she could feel his eyes on her and she suddenly found herself feeling very warm.

She flashed him a smile that was met with a kurt nod and he turned away, going back to being a security guard.

And as quickly as it washed over her, that warmth was swept away when he was no longer facing her.

Yes, he was doing his job but the crowds weren't too bad, what happened last time was out of his control, it was the other guards fault entirely.

Surely he could watch her, even just for one song.

She wanted him to be impressed by her, she wanted him to see why people enjoyed Idols so much.

But he never did.

For some reason he was too focused on keeping things in check.

Or maybe he was focused on something else...

Quickly pushing the thought aside, she readied herself, getting into a pose as the music started up.

She sang in time with the other girls, putting energy into every movement and smiling as much as she could.

Something that people never talk about is how tiring it is to be an Idol.

Even after one song, her muscles ached from the constant movement and the warm air didn't help with her breathing.

But no one could ever complain, they were here to entertain.

Show no weakness, that's the way to win.

Keep dancing no matter how much it hurts, keep singing no matter how much you want to cry.

Keep smiling, no matter how deep the lies go.

These people don't know you, they don't know what you are.

Keep showing them perfection and they'll keep loving you, even if that love isn't for you.