Chapter 34: Stone Cold

Firey had been in kept in the hospital for just over a week.

He had come dangerously close to flat lining, the amount of medicine and alcohol he had consumed was worrying and due to the risk of him trying again, he was unable to be released right away.

As a matter of fact, he had stopped breathing in the ambulance, he was revived thanks to the quick actions of the doctor who gave him electric shocks but he was still unstable.

Leafy had been in the ambulance the whole time and when she saw that his chest was no longer moving up and down, she had never felt sicker.

The other doctors had to calm her, she was hysterical, tears streaming down her face as she begged and pleaded for them to help and for him to he okay, one doctor physically restrained her and gave her some water, assuring her that they would do all they could.

Thankfully, none of the doctors recognized who she was, despite her high levels of fame, there were always people you could never quite reach.

If they had recognized her the rumours would have spread like wildfire but she did what she had to, she had to be in that ambulance with him, just in case.

In order to ensure they would let her in, she told the medic she had spoken to the she was Firey's fiancee.

She had gone into the hospital with him, waited around for hours in case there was any updates and while she waited, Coiny approached her

Firey had told him everything, how he had hurt Leafy and Coiny was sympathetic towards her, letting her know if she needed to talk or anything he would gladly listen.

If it hadn't been for Coiny, Leafy would have had no idea about what Firey had tried to do and since she was the one who had gotten to him first, there was a chance he wouldn't have even lived.

But Coiny was a doctor, almost and he had to stay neutral since he was in his work environment but deep down he was terrified for his best friend and the idea of losing him in such a grim way made him feel a pain he had never felt before.

Leafy spotted this and and took his hand, the way she had done for countless people when they cried whilst meeting her, but this time she said something different.

"It's okay, I'm crying my eyes out here, you can too if you want, I won't tell,"

In a way, the two situations were similar, when Leafy was out onstage or even just walking in public, she could never show what she was really feeling, no matter how much she wanted to laugh, cry or scream in anger.

When Coiny was at work, he had to be calm and professional even when watching other doctors delivering heartbreaking news, he couldn't show what he felt.

There was an understanding between the two and they took comfort in that, two people who cared about Firey in some way.

During all the comforting and tears that Leafy couldn't stop crying, a pretty lady walked over and began talking to them.

It was Pin, Leafy liked her right away but since she was so preoccupied with the events of the night she couldn't properly express it.

While Coiny was sweet and very understanding, it was nice to be able to talk to a woman similar in age to her, she hadn't really had that before and Pin didn't make her feel like she was stupid or that she was on a pedestal.

In truth, Pin was internally Fan girling, being face to face with her absolute favorite Idol and helping her had always been a secret dream of hers and there she was, doing just that.

Luckily, Pin remained professional and composed, even going and buying Leafy a snack from the vending machine when she saw how pale the Idol was.

Hours passed and it got very late and there still hadn't been a real update on Firey, even Coiny or Pin couldn't get any information and it was plain to see that Leafy couldn't take much more of the hospital.