Whole Again

Liam and Alison had been living in a beautiful undisturbed bubble for the past few days. They'd barely left the bedroom. Only to eat and shower. Liam smiled as he watched Alison's beautifully flushed sleepy expression. He kissed her shoukderblade tenderly holding her against him.

A loud knock sounded on the door.

Alison frowned.

"Ignore it. Stay in bed." Mumbled Liam.

"Ay! Alison you in?"

Alison's frown deepened. It was Noel he sounded worried.

"Just coming."

Liam protested and held her to him. Alison giggled.

"Let me see what he wants. I'll be back." She said kissing him on the lips. Liam nodded but kept his lips pouted.

Alison threw her bathrobe on quickly and opened the door. Noel took in her appearance and rolled his eyes.

"It's fucking 3pm! We leave in an hour remember? Where you been? I've been trying to get you all weekend."

Alison's eyes widened as she checked her watch.

"Fuck! Right. Hold on. I'll be 10 minutes."

"Can't find r'kid. Tried his flat. Looks like he didn't go home." Said Noel giving her a worried look.

Alison blushed guiltily.

"Errrmmmmmm..."

Noel rolled his eyes and grinned.

"We're just friends. No sex." He said imitating her accent.

Alison launched the empty water bottle on her coffee table at his head.

Noel dodged it and laughed.

"Ay Liam! Hurry the fuck up!"

Liam groaned.

"Fuck off!"

Noel smiled at Alison and nodded. He didn't say anything more. But Alison got the nod of approval. He was happy for them.

The US tour was exhausting but Alison had Liam by her side the entire time. They'd never been closer. Alison didn't care their pictures were splashed all over the British tabloids gossip page. Holding hands. Kissing. She didn't care. She had everything she needed.

August 2001

Liam marvelled at the way Alison took care of Lennon. He loved her and she cared for him like he was her own. He'd never felt his heart so full of love. It might not be the family he'd imagined. But Alison had given him a family. This past year he'd never been more happy and settled. They all roasted alive under a boiling hot sun on the Welsh beachfront. Their last at Noel and Trix's home here before they moved.

"Fucking hell this was a nice place you had here. Did you really have to get up the duff again? Fuck me 3 kids under 5 what the fuck were yous thinking?" He said gesturing to Trix's growing belly.

Trix laughed and she shrugged.

"We weren't fucking thinking clearly!"

Liam laughed.

They watched from the decking as Peggy and Alison were chased by Anaïs and a toddling Lennon.

"Is this it for you then? Quiet life with Alison?"

Liam blushed and nodded.

"Yeah."

Trix smiled.

"Good. You seem really happy Liam."