Chapter 18

Instead of doing whatever choice of scenario he had planned earlier, hearing how worried Godt voice seeing how nervous he is, making him feel very sad for his friend and for himself, making him crying a river.

Godt felt more worried and was coming closer to Copter, hugging him trying to calm him down, but the short guy couldn't calm down, making Godt rubbed his back, trying to make him relax. But while crying, all Copter could say was.... "I'm sorry, Godt, I'm sorry.....I'm sorry...Godt, I'm sorry..." and he was repeating it over and over until he could be calm down a little.

When Copter was a little bit calm down, only then Godt could see the luggage that was sitting right beside the sofa they were on.

Godt pulled himself and Copter away at his arm length, and looking straight to the red face, red eyes and red nose of Copter.

"Whose luggage is that? Are you going somewhere? Where is Bas?" Godt ask, oblivious to the current situation, which Copter and Bas had make. Seeing how oblivious Godt is, for a second, Copter thought maybe they could keep whatever happen as secret, but then he shake the thinking away, knowing Bas so well.

The guy could never live peacefully if he kept whatever happen between them as their little secret. And, he too, was afraid, along the way, he wanted more and more, which will worsen their relationship more. So, he knows he had to tell the truth.

Looking deep into Godt's eyes, taking in deep breath, pulling and pushing Godt's hand from his arm away, he slide down the floor, kneeling in front of Godt, making Godt shocked. Shocked was understatement, Godt felt like he was struck by a thunderbolt. Copter was kneeling? In front of him?

"Cop, what are you doing? Get up!" Godt was trying to pull Copter up but Copter pushed Godt's hand and was shaking his head. He then looking straight into the light brown orbs of Godt, and his eyes got teary again. But he needs to drop the bomb that he knew will killed him, but he hope it won't kill Godt nor Bas.

"You can hate me, you can punch me however you want, and you could even kill me if that could make you feel less hurt." Hearing Copter, makes Godt feels really confused, astounded and bewildered. What is he trying to say?

Without even looking away a second, Copter took in another deep breath while thinking....it's now, and no turning back.

"I betrayed you as your best friend. I betrayed your beautiful relationship you had with Bas. But, please, the blame is all on me. I force Bas, or make Bas feel like he needs to reciprocate my feelings since I was hurt, but it was never Bas's decision. And I'm really sorry. Godt, I slept with Bas in your absence last night."

After that, Copter could only looking down on the floor, with hand on his knee, still in kneeling position. He was waiting, no, expected the outburst from Godt, or maybe a punch in the face. It's been a while and the silence was killing him slowly. He couldn't help, but to cry away his fears and his sadness, and he could understand the disappointment and sadness in Godt, since that was what he felt after knowing about Tee's cheating. He felt like a bastard, doing this to his own friend.

But the silence still prevail, and the curiosity had taking over him, making him looking up to an expressionless face of Godt, making him more afraid? Is that because the blow was so hard and strong that Godt couldn't really react to this?

What have I done?

"Godt.....please....say something. You can hate me, punch me, or kill me, but please don't keep your silent. I will leave here, and I know you must hate to even saw my face, I will even quit my job at the hospital so that you didn't have to face me anymore. I know, what I did is not forgivable, so I will leave you and Bas alone."