o n e

marsai mane had been working on who she learned was demetrius flenory for more than 13 hours straight. no rest, no water, no food, and no help. she was running off straight adrenaline.

she had eventually put all the doctors and nurses out because they were getting on her nerves.

she always preferred to work alone, she couldn't handle people who couldn't handle peer pressure and the last thing she need is to be knocked off her game while working.

one thing she was known for is no matter the circumstances she had never lost a patient before. even if it was impossible to save them, she always found a way to save them.

she had successfully removed the bullet from his organ and the fragments from his artery without causing any long term damage.

she had stitched everything back together perfectly, so demetrius flenory was sure to see another day. right now she was just waiting for him to wake up before getting his family's hopes up.

she heard coughing, making her look up frantically seeing he had woken up. she quickly grabbed the cup of water she had waiting for him before reclining his bed and letting him drink.

right now his arm was in a cast and his other arm was bruised from falling on it so she gently tilted his chin up with one of her hands while letting him drink from the cup with her other.

demetrius downed the water quickly, she gently lowered his chin back before using her thumb to wipe the water that was about to drip down his face before placing the cup on the stand next to them and grabbing her clipboard.

"hey, i know your not your best right now but would you be able to answer a few questions for me?" marsai said looking at her patient, after nodding his head slightly she started with her questions.

"can you tell me your name?" she asked looking down at him, "demetrius flenory" he replied. chills instantly went down her back hearing his deep and raspy voice.

"do you remember what happened?" she asked after checking the first question, "i was shot" he replied.

"what hurts?" she asked, "my arms, my back, my left shoulder, my stomach, my rib cag- damn near everything except my legs" he replied.

"alright everything seems okay for the most part, your family has been giving my colleagues hell you ready to see them?" marsai said smiling lightly making him laugh lightly.

"i'm sorry about them, but yeah send them in" he replied, she simply nodded her head before walking out to the waiting room.

as soon as she opened the door she was greeted with more people than before, including the doctors.

"family of demetrius flenory" marsai said being everyone's attention. they immediately stood up to rush to the young doctor.

"please tell me my baby is okay" an older light skinned woman pleaded as she grabbed dr. mane's hands.