f i v e

marsai pov

i waved as i watched demetrius pull off before taking off down the street. this was actually the street where damson and i lived, i know i shouldn't be here but i had to make sure that he was okay.

i absolutely despise damson for what he did to us but that doesn't take away from the fact that i would be crushed if anything ever happened to him. i finally made it to the house, unlocking the door.

when i saw all the lights were still off and the alarm system was still set to "empty" meaning no one was here. i immediately assumed the worst and felt tears burning my eyes as i disabled the alarm. i had ran to the phone and quickly dialed leon's pager, it felt like my heart was beating out of my chest as the phone rang.

"marsai?" leon answered frantically, "is damson with you?" he asked making my heart damn near stop, "i was calling to ask you that, he's not home" i said slowly assuming the worst as he yelled out "fuck".

"we lost him in the middle of the shootout he didn't even come to the car and we had to take off cause the police was chasing us" he said making her heart shatter even more.

she hung up the phone seeing she was receiving a call from zara and quickly answered.

"zara! are you okay?" she asked quickly.

"forget me! is damson good? i heard he got hit" zara said.

it felt like everything moved in slow motion as the words left her mouth. the phone dropped from her ear, breaking as it hit the floor. soon after she felt her knees go weak as she fell to the ground as well. "fuck" marsai screamed as her tears fell.

after a while she heard the door open. she quickly jumped up and ran into the living room where damson had just walked in. she noticed an obvious limp, showing that he actually did get hit.

"baby" she shouted lightly as she ran up to him, damson looked around confused until he saw marsai running towards him crying. he immediately thought something was wrong but before he could think she jumped into his arms.

"baby, baby, what's wrong?" damson asked worriedly as marsai cried harder. "they said- you got shot, i thought- that was you-on the ground, baby" she marsai spoke between sobs as she held him tighter cupping his face.

"i just got hit in the leg baby i'm okay" he said in her ear as she cried on his shoulder.

"i love you so much" marsai said after calming down making damson smile lightly. "i love you way more baby" he said.

after marsai calmed down the two stood there enjoying each others embrace until she remembered he was shot.

"damson you gotta go to the hospital" marsai said as she unwrapped her arms from around him making him shake his head.

"nah that's one of the perks of being in love with the best doctor in the state" damson said smiling making her blush.

"you still have my kit here?" she asked looking at him, "i still have your everything here" he replied lowly sending chills down her spine. she slowly nodded before heading upstairs to get her kit she kept incase of an emergency like this. she keeps one in her car as well but unfortunately it was still at the party.

she came back down with her doctor kit, sewing kit, and a towel for him to bite on.

damson watched as she walked up to him still in her swimsuit, her hair was slightly fluffy from the humidity and her eyes were red from crying, as well as her face. but she was still perfect in his eyes. she sat her things down on the table before walking over to him and carefully bringing him over to the sofa.