[10] Family

Third person POV
"Fuck. Yuri wait please. I'm sorry!"
Natsuki stopped her friend before she could open the door and leave by holding her wrist. Yuri hissed in pain and slapped Natsukis hand away.
They both went silent. The pink haired girl looked in shock while holding her hand and rubbing it.
"I-fuck I'm sorry I didn't mean to slap you I swear it's just.... wasn't a good spot."
Natsuki made a confused look but quickly shook her head.
"No it's okay. I shouldn't have done that." It wasn't the right time to talk about why Yuri reacted the way she did towards her trying to hold her wrist and she knew that. Still, she would mentally add this topic to her list to talk about later. Right now they needed to get a clear picture of what the fuck just happened.
Yuri slowly breathed in and out. She couldn't believe that she did kiss her friend right now who was by the way a freaking girl.
If Mother and Father would find out...
She quickly stopped thinking about her parents to focus on the other girl again.
"I...about the...kiss... it's-"
But as soon as she tried to form the words a loud bang on the door interrupted her. The person didn't even bother to wait for an answer as they opened the door.
It was an older man. Barely around average size with a beard and a crew cut. His hair already had some grey spots and his eyes were the same colour as Natsukis. A bright pink.
He looked very pissed and intimidating for maybe most of the people but to Yuri, he kind of looked ridiculous with his attitude and wrankly posture. Probably because he was shorter than her. More shorter than the doctor even.
It didn't help that his whole body was built like a stick you could easily break if you wanted to. Don't get it wrong. The girl was very against body shaming and actually hated that a lot but maybe that's just what Yuri was thinking because she really really disliked that garbage of a person. If you could even call him a person. Or garbage. Wouldn't that insult both? Yuri wasn't so sure about it.
[BTW I never mentioned Yuris height which is somewhere between 6"1 and 6"2. Yeah I'm into tall girls sorry not sorry lmao.]

"There you are!" He stomped towards Natsuki and roughly grabbed her arm.
"I've been searching for you everywhere you little-"
He just now realised that Yuri was still in the room. He quickly let go of the pink haired girls arm and cleared his troath.
"You must be a friend of hers I assume."
He nodded towards Yuris direction.
The tall girl wasn't exactly confident to confirm that assumption after the kiss but that was something they should talk about after that piece of junk could leave. The best time would be now.
Natsuki gave a panicked look.
Don't. Please.
Yuri insisted to listen to her just for this once. This wasn't a good place to let it all out.
"Yes. Hello Sir I'm Yuri." She tried to be as polite as possible while not ripping of his head. She even managed to give him a small fake smile.
It was enough for him to nod again before turning his attention back towards his daughter.
"Natsuki, dear. Would you please pack your stuff so that we can go home? I'll be waiting outside." The older man ruffled her head a few times before taking his phone out of his pocket to call someone.
As if anyone would be thrilled to talk to him. Can't imagine.
He gave Yuri a last glance with his poker face before leaving the room.
Natsuki sighed and tried to fix her hair and after that taking her bag out of a small cabin. She looked terrified but didn't say anything. The taller girl couldn't stand it anymore.
"Nat, don't go with him. Please."
Yuri didn't dare to think about what would happen the moment her friend? would leave the hospital and get home with that asshole.
Natsuki just shook her head.
"I have to. I don't want to cause more trouble. Trust me I'm surprised of myself that I told you all of that. Well most of it and after that..."
Yuri nervously took some strings of her hair and played with it while looking away. The sudden feeling of guilt wouldn't stop growing.

"Do you regret it?" She asked the shorter girl.
She wasn't sure herself what she meant with that. It could have been about Natsuki opening up towards her or the...other situation that happened.
"No." It was the first time that Yuri heard so much confidence in Natsukis voice.
"I regret nothing from today."
The pink one added much to Yuris relive. Or at least she thought she was relived.
Wait why am I relived anyway? It's not like the kiss meant something to me or...did it? I'm sure it was just an intrusive decision. Nothing deep. I guess.
"Do you?"
Natsuki was suddenly more shy to talk to her but didn't stop to ask that one question. The taller one made a small gasp, her chest rising up and down without any rhythm.
Yuri was thinking a lot about how to answer. After all the adrenaline rush vanished and Natsukis father leaving she just now could clearly think about what she really just did.
Liking someone of the same gender was one thing but kissing? A meaningful one? A whole other thing.
Was it even meaningful?
She didn't want to hurt Natsuki but lying wouldn't help either. She was irrated by her own actions. Nothing made sense anymore. How could her parents ever forgive her for this?
Worst of all, I didn't think it was a mistake but that's just messed up.
Everything is messed up now. I can never turn the time back. There's nothing I could do to remake my decisions.
"I don't know? I'm...I'm just so confused? I never thought about kissing a boy but a girl? Isn't that...isn't that bad?"
Sure she now and then thought about how cute boys could look like but kissing Natsuki was something she could have never imagined to do with a boy. Now that she thinks about it more, there was never really a boy in her life who made her feel just how Natsuki made her feel. Didn't she kind of forced herself to like boys all the time? Just for the sake of her parents. Didn't she date this one friend in middle school who was gay just to please them? Wasn't that an agreement? They never kissed. Just held hands now and then but it made her feel nothing. Even at this one dance at her first high school year party. All the boys who she shared a dance with no romantic attraction.
Wasn't there a blonde girl who jokingly danced with her but made her feel all light and dizzy and nervous? Didn't she blame herself for not feeling anything for all the boys who asked her out but this one girl made her think not straight?
Yuri really forgot about all these feelings. She pushed them away and now they're all back.
She closed her eyes and played more with her hair.

Natsuki wasn't sure what she should say right now. This was all new to her too. Sure she had crushes on guys now and then but this was Yuri. A girl.
She wasn't too worried though. She knew that the kiss meant something to her. She just really wanted to sort it out and move on...or let it be more?
Is that even a possibility-
"NATSUKI! COME ON!" She could hear her dad screaming from the outside the windows.
There was no time for them now. She had to hurry up before he could get even more mad.
She took her bag and ran towards the exit. She didn't dare to look back at the other girl. She was too afraid. Too afraid she might have just ruined her first real friendship with someone she really started to care about.
Yuri watched as Natsuki left the building. All her confusion got replaced with worry and regret.
Not regretting the kiss.
Regretting to not be true to herself and the situation with Natsuki and her father was what made her feel like throwing up.

_________________________________________

AN:
You might have noticed? What the hell the dudes posting TWO CHAPTERS AT ONE DAY KNOW after more than a year???
All jokes aside, I really want to finish this story by the end of July/start of August and I have many chapters ready to get published.
I left Wattpad because I was very frustrated with my own writing and didn't like it all that much. But that was a longer time ago and dude I'm literally an adult now? Crazy shit I know.
So, I'm focusing on being true to myself and write my stories with a new passion to show how much it all means to me.
Stay tuned!

-Your local nonbinary