Rumor has it

It was just another normal day in City Z. It was surprisingly quiet, VERY quiet. Usually there would be a monster or two around. 

"The hero hunter? Nope, never heard of it." Kiyomi was lying on the ground with one hand holding her head up, talking to Genos who's in the kitchen making a simple lunch for the two of them since Saitama is out visiting the fallen heroes that were attacked by the hero hunter.

"We need to be extra careful nowadays, I heard he had defeated Tank top master." Genos came out of the kitchen with two bowls of ramen, setting them down on the small table. 

"Damn, the buff dude that's 10 times my size?"  She started slurping up the noodles.

"I believe so, yes." 

"Where did this monster even come from?" 

"Not a monster, Kiyomi-san." This made Kiyomi stop herself from eating. 

"But rather human.. who claims himself as a monster." Genos hesitantly answered, fearing he would say something wrong. 

Kiyomi put down her chopsticks and looked at Genos. 

"But.. he's still human, right?" 

"I'm not sure myself, there are many possibilities with this man." 

"Huh?" Kiyomi didn't know what he was talking about, her brain just disconnected. 

"He used to be Bang's former disciple, he recently has been added to the Association's wanted list as a violent monster."

"Bang volunteered to take him down." He explained.  

Kiyomi only hummed as a response while slurping up the ramen noodles. 

"Out of topic but, the ramen noodles you make are very good." Kiyomi complimented, not really focusing on what Genos was explaining.

"Thanks, Kiyomi-san. I'm glad you like it." he let out a small smile, happy about her little compliment.

There was a long silence when a deck of magazines caught her attention. Assuming that Genos had collected them from the mailbox. 

She went through the pages as something caught her eye. Her eyes widened at the page.

'The famous and well-known Amai Mask, picks up hero Ice Insanity up bridal style and left everyone shocked! Are they dating behind our backs?! Fans are NOT happy about this information!'

"What the..." eyebrows twitching, looking at the magazine in disbelief. 

"Kiyomi-san?" her actions alerted Genos, who stopped eating. 

"N-Nothing.." she looked down at her food, rolling the magazine into a scroll, setting it aside, then continued eating her food. 

"..." Genos, plastering a worried expression on his face, curious, but he respects her personal space and thoughts. 

"..can we go out for a walk after lunch?" Kiyomi held her head up. 

-silence-

"Sure, Kiyomi-san" 

-silence- 

Awkward silence, weird shifting, only slurping noises of the ramen was heard. 

Despite both of them being introverts, none of them knew how to start a proper conversation after the awkward atmosphere.

"He parried, sidestepped or slipped all my attacks. And he read my attempts at throw at counters." Tank top master explained the incident from yesterday, of the hero hunter.