(Prologue): At Deaths Beck And Call

A young boy sat atop a tree branch, in front of him was a bird nest and a snake.

The snake slithered towards the bird's nest and after the eggs. But before the snake could eat an egg the boy took it and ate it himself.

Boy:(munch)

Snake:.....

The snake was now cautious of the boy, but its focus was still on one of the two remaining eggs.

It opened its mouth and watched as the boy took the second egg and ate it.

Boy:(munch)...

Snake:(hiss)

Thoroughly annoyed, the Snake still tried to get the final egg, but the boy's hand was already reaching out for the third egg.

Grabbing it, caused the snake to bite the hand of the boy.

Boy: Ow.

Nevertheless, the boy reeled back his arm and calmly ate the third egg.

The snake released the boy and attempted an escape but was thwarted by the boy who grabbed the snake.

Boy:(spits)... Why do you like eggs, they taste horrible.

The boy began playing with the snake since his curiosity got the better of him. The wild animal of course freaked out whilst the fearless boy was clueless about the dangers around him.

Bird: KAW!

The mother hawk flew straight into the boy, knocking him and the snake out of the tree.

Boy: OOF!

Bird: Kaw, kaw-

(WACK)

The boy used the snake to wack the bird away from him.

He then left the injured animals to their own devices as he was now bored, thus, the Boy wandered over to his family barn in search of something to do.

All he found was his Grandfather who hung himself right before his eyes.

(Years later.....)

The seven gods sat upon their thrones, whilst discussing one important matter.

The Goddess of Death's lack of a champion.

Goddess of Life: Sister! Come on already!

Goddess of Death: I don't need one...

Goddess of Life: Ugh...! Then you don't care about the necromancers popping up all around?

Goddess of Death: It's a problem that concerns all of us!

God of Law: And it's an issue under your domain. With several of your followers having a part in the issue.

God of Law: I know you wish to have a "hands-off" approach. To let the mortals interpret Death their way...

God of Law: But as you can see, it led to this situation and you must put your foot down.

God of Knowledge: All our Champions have important tasks. You've asked for their aid enough times that it's a fact that you need a personal Chanpion.

Goddess of Life: Think of it as an investment.

Goddess of Death:.....

Goddess of Death: It would take too long to find the right one-