Death's Pet

"Someone has broken a rule"

"One of my fellow gods has made contact with my Champion, behind my back"

"We gods have made several 'rules' between each other, but in reality, they are more like promises."

"How these rules work, is that one of us will propose it, and if we all agree, then we seal ourselves with our power, however..."

"If the god who proposed the rule breaks said rule, then the seal would immediately break if we found out about this."

"This has caused... 'plots' to make one of us break a rule."

"But that isn't applicable... They contacted my Champion behind my back, doing something to him..."

"If they had simply told me of this interaction, I would have let it go... But they didn't. And now, I must demonstrate both my and Thane's strength, so at least, this doesn't happen again."

"It seems it's time for me to forge a weapon for him... But in the meantime..."

Thane followed his Goddess through several doors which would appear before them like magic. Azrei led Thane to a large chamber. It was cold and lifeless as there were only stone and a massive gate.

Thane: What's this?

Azrei: This is the basement of the castle.

Thane: Basement? But we didn't go down...

Azrei: Don't worry about that. Just focus on your training.

Thane: Training? If that's what I need... But what kind of training?

Thane: Strength? Speed? Endurance?

Azrei: I need you to obtain a higher level of mastery of my blessing.

Thane: Fair enough.

Azrei: But first... How far are you willing to go for me?

Thane: How far will I go?

Thane: I'm an idiot. So, I wouldn't say there's any length I wouldn't go.

Thane: You know what they say... If you're going to do something, do it with everything you've got with blind passion!

Azrei: I'm not familiar with the "blind passion" part, however, I'll take it.

The goddess of death takes a deep breath and then whistles, making a noise kind to a humming string instrument.

(STOMP)

From the shadows, a six-foot beast of Death arrives.

Thane: A dog?

Azrei: This is one of my pets that helps me collect souls across the world...

Azrei: She's the queen of the pack, Medina.

With pitch-black fur and a boney exoskeleton on some parts of her body, the Queen approached the Champion, her necklace with the goddess symbol jingled as she did.

(Queen of the Death Jackals: Medina)