Dead Rising: Act 3

With his borrowed blade, Thane quickly cut down Hunter's wife, but the damage was done.

Hunter: Ugh!?

Stumbling back, Hunter hits a tree, sliding down it as blood poured from his two wounds.

Thane: Hunter, are you alright?

Hunter: Its... This is as far as I can go with you, Champion.

Thane:....

Hunter: Don't worry... I can make it back on my own...

Hunter: I have to...!

Thane watches Hunter get back his feet, and begin walking towards him and the direction of his village.

Hunter: I've... Gotta be there for my baby girl... I can't leave her alone... I'm all she-ugh!

Hunter: Has!

Thane:....

He could see Hunter's body give out before his very eyes. Hunter had no chance of making it back to his daughter, or to receive medical attention.

Hunter: You... Go on... Save the village...Ugh..!?

As he past Thane, Hunter collapsed, but the Champion of Death caught him with one arm.

Thane: I'll help you back...

Hunter:(panting)... No... You-

Thane: I can't stop this... I don't have the right to...

Hunter's soul began to drip out of his body skyward. Coagulating into a ball sized ghostly sphere.

Thane: But I can prolonge it...

Thane's soul exended out of his body. As his body decaded, his soul grabbed Hunter's like a hand reaching out.

With his deadman's eyes, Thane could see the silhouette of Azrei lurking in the forest.

Thane: But only for a goodbye...

Shoving Hunter's soul back into his body, Thane threw Hunters arm around his shoulders to help support his weight whilst he dragged him back to the village.

Thane's soul stayed out to keep Hunter's in.

Hunter: I can't... Breath....

Thane: Forget about breathing... Just think of what you're going to say...

The sun set as the two walking corpses got ever closer back to the village.

(Knock, knock)

Abby opened the door to her house to be greeted with two men covered in shadow as the clouds hid the moon.

Hunter: Abby...

Abby: Father? Where did you run off to?! Have you see mom?

Hunter: I'm... Off to see her again...

Thane dragged Hunter to a nearby bench, before giving him and Abby space.

Joining him on the bench, Abby looks concernly at her shadow covered father.

Abby: What are you talking about?

Hunter: I'm... I'm so sorry my precious little fox... Ugh... I have to go...

Abby: G-go where? Another hunt for that witch? Just forgot about it, okay...?

Abby: Just come home...

Hunter: Be... Be... Strong. Know that I wish I could stay... But I must... Go...

The clouds part to reveal Hunter's bloody body to Abby.