First Steps Towards Death

The seven gods were all standing in their throne room for Thane's inauguration as Azrei's champion.

Azrei: I hereby bless you with this gift of power.

Cupping his face, Azrei bestowed a kiss on Thane's forehead, granting him a blessing, which each Champion uniquely possesses.

Azrei: Rise... My Champion of Death.

In his champion attire, Thane stood up.

Thane:...

Thane:... Thank you...?

Thane: My lady...?

Azrei:(nods)

Azrei: You may head to the dining hall. There you'll find the other Champions. Let them welcome you.

Azrei: I have a few matters with my fellow gods to discuss.

Thane: Bu-

Azrei: I know about your six questions.

Thane: It's seven now- actually... Nine.

Azrei: Once I'm done. I'll answer every question you have.

Thane: Very well.

Thane: Uhm...(courtesy bow)

Azrei: There's no need for that.

Thane: Oh. Bye then.

He leaves the throne room.

Sciron: "Bye then".... Pffsh!

Giara: Quite the country bumbkin.

Azrei:(sigh)... Getting a champion, and having a silly tournament to decide who it will be was your idea...

Azrei: And yet you're all immediately judgmental over him the moment it became official.

Jorey: We're just teasing~

Jorey: He's just a bit unrefined. But still adorable.

Giara: You sound more infatuated with him then, Azrei...

Jorey: I'm just giddy about how perfect he is for Azrei. A match made by us!

Azrei: Was he made by you?

Jorey: Pfft! Of course not. It's just an expression.

Azrei: So you sware you had no hand in making him the way he is?

Jorey:(rolls eyes) Yeah... It goes against our vow to not mess with the mortals unless necessary-blah, blah, blah.

Jorey: Now let's have our celebration!

Azrei: Let's make it quick. I do have a lot of work to give him.

(Opening Theme)

Thane felt completely lost, the way through the castle to the throne room was different from when he entered.

Yet somehow, by going in a straight line, Thane entered the dining room, where the other six champions sat around a table, snacking on food.

By the mood, Thane could tell they were either bored or uninterested in this celebration.

Champion:?

Thane approached the six, their attention turning to him in his new champion tunic.