Death Vs Life: Act 2

In the arena where Thane competed for the honor of being Azrei's champion, he and Lilly stood, awaiting the sign for them to begin.

The stadium itself was empty. This was not a show for the public.

Watching the battle from the balcony were Jorey and Medina the latter who stood in Azrei's stead.

Lilly: You're going to die.

Thane: Have you forgotten that I don't fear death?

Lilly: No. But I just thought I'd remind you. Because who knows how defective that head really is?

Thane: Say, do you know how to put that armor on yourself or...

Thane: Does your goddess always do it for you~?

Lilly: Speaking of armor... Do you have anything besides those rags?

Lilly: No... No, you don't do you?

Lilly: I have one of the best armors in the world. An enchanted shield that is even stronger...

Lilly: A Godly weapon. And a blessing.

Thane: I have a blessing.

Lilly:(smirks) At least she gave you something.

Thane:(smirks) And I have and will continue to prosper with it.

Lilly: Go to hell.

Thane: Ladies first.

Lilly: Dead men first!

Thane: Oh, I'm sure your goddess will make an "exception" and let you cut the damn line!

Their conversation devolves into profanities.

Jorey: Enough!

Thane/Lilly:...

Jorey: Begin.

Thane:(cracks neck)

Lilly:(grips spear)

The Champion of Death raced to attack his life counterpart. Lilly armed and armored was rightfully confident in her ability to kill Thane.

Thane: Hiya!

Leaping into to air, Thane tried to bring his fist down on Lilly, who quickly stabbed the fearless man with her pronged spear of Life. Thane decades his torso to avoid lethal damage, but that did not prevent Lilly from throwing him over her head.

Lilly: Pathetic!

Before he could land, Lilly threw her shield to try and cut the Champion of Death in half.

Medina:!!

(Clang)

Thane fell flat onto the ground with Lilly's shield which he kneed the edge of mid-air to stop it from cutting him in half.

Lilly:(glares)

Thane: Thanks for the shield.

Medina: Was that planned? Or was he just improvising there?

Medina: Either way, it's impressive that managed to react fast enough.

Jorey: Are you trying to commentate?

Medina: N-No... Just thinking out loud.

Getting up with Lilly's shield, Thane straps it to his left arm and runs back towards the Champion of Life.

There was a straightforwardness in Thane's actions. But after how he took Lilly's shield, the champion knew this feeling could not be trusted. Tapping the ground with the tips of her spear, Lilly made her weapon vibrate like a tuning fork.