Musickoji: Prologue

Within the busy night of the Tokyo metropolitan district, a note from a guitar could be heard. It's melodic sound echoes through the hallway of an apartment. Whether it was soothing or annoying was based on the judgement of the person but most of the residents here a particularly silent, listening to this melody with rapt attention.

"♪"

"♪♪♪~"

"♪~"

This melody was coming from the guitar of someone from the fifth floor of the apartment. Specifically, from the window of the building. There, you could make out a boy through the dim lit window, singing with a voice as soft as cotton. He had messy brown hair with clear brown eyes with a golden hue around the center of his iris.

Calling him good-looking would be an understatement as he had a small smile which complimented his innocent look. He was singing an English song from a famous artist. His gentle and calm voice was filled with passion as you could feel the original emotion front the composer in the song being sung by him. Every note and every word was performed by him with precision. Calling him a musical prodigy was apt as his casual performance itself was sure to have been attend by musicians and music lovers far and wide.
His name was Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, a natural born musical prodigy and and genius honor student. He has already finished university level studies at 13, impressed countless amount of people with his talent with and music and solved some questions that could make college graduates cry. He was cheerful, kind, and strong. Even though he was kind he was not afraid to destroy someone if they try to hurt those whom he cares about. He has already finished middle school, and he was going to the high school that was recommended by both his parents and the principal of his former middle school, Tokyo Advanced Nurturing High School. How did this happen when he had a whole future ahead of him in the musical industry? Well, we will need to go back a few months earlier.

A few months earlier...

"Kiyo-chan you need to go to school, you're missing out on life! High School only happens once in your life so you need to make the most out of it!"
Kyomi Ayanokouji stated as she pulled her son out of bed.

Kyomi Ayanokouji was the wife of Atsuomi Ayanokouji. A kind and gentle woman who is in her late 30s, but still as beautiful as her early 20's exuding the charm of an oneesan. She had brown colored hair flowing behind her back, eyes that look to be like shining blue sapphires.
"But mom why do I need to go to school if I already finished university level studies? Isn't that kind of pointless since I'm learning something that I already learned back when I was seven?" Kiyotaka said to his mother while being dragged by her.
"It's not about your studies Kiyo-chan! Its about your experience in high school and your youth. Your father and I have already enrolled you to ANHS so you're not going to waste this opportunity to make good memories!"
"Wait. But isn't that the school where you say that classes compete with each other? Why there? I can just go to a Normal High School if I want to experience isn't it?"
"Yes, but cannot let just go to any normal school your abilities will just degrade over there. Plus there is something waiting over there for you." Kyomi said sweetly as if implying that there is something that her son would love to see and maybe even give light her son's dull world.

Back to the present:

The calm rattling of the bus was heard as the freshmen students going to ANHS sat down. Ayanokouji was calmly listening to his playlist of songs he wants to play on his headphones. Suddenly a commotion could be heard through his headphones.

Kiyo POV:

As the bus to sends us I was listening to Michael David Rosenburg's, or more commonly known by the name 'Passenger's, song 'Let Her Go'. I have already memorized lyrics of this song, but the notes are something I want to know and understand.
"Cause you only need the light when it's burning low♪"
"Only miss the sun when it starts to snow♪"
Most if not all people who experienced loss can relate to the lyrics of this song. I for one agree and relate to this song as this reminds me of a precious memory of mine.

FLASHBACK:

"Let's do a duet again okay Kiyo-kun! I want to meet with you again if it's possible. Promise me okay?!" said the girl who was hugging a violin case in her chest.
It was a matt brown case with golden lines etched onto its edges. It's was one of the best violin models of the time. It's was similar to Stentor Pros, the only difference from it the it was custom made. It's was made from a combination of maple and spruce wood handcrafted by a professional.

"Un. I promise. Let's meet again if possible. I really want to play with you again, ****." I said a her father beckoned her to go inside the car.

"See you again Kiyo-kun!" she said as she gave me a smile similar to blooming Sakura petals. Symbolizing the the new start of our lives as we go down our own paths.

"See you again." I said as a smile unconsciously formed on lips as I wave goodbye to her.

With that she left.

"Young master, it's time to go." Matsuo said as I was thinking about meeting her again.

END OF FLASHBACK:

"Wha- You're a high schooler, aren't you?! You should be quiet and listen to what adults tell you!"

A woman who looked to be an office lady shout toward a blond-haired boy who looked to be a narcissist. An elderly woman was trying to calm them down. She looked to be the cause. Maybe the office lady was trying to let her sit at the priority seat that the blonde boy was sitting? So maybe that's why she was try to calm down the woman so as to not further escalate the situation.

I looked around the bus to see if someone was going hand the seat to the elderly woman. My gaze fell to a black-haired beauty as she was reading a book, not caring about the situation. I gazed at her a little longer than the rest before turning back to the source of the commotion.

"Umm. You can have my seat, ma'am" I said as I removed my headphones and rest them on my neck. I really want this situation to end already as I like peace and quiet.

"Thank you young man." The elderly woman replied as she sat down.

"No worries ma'am. I only did what would anyone would normally do."

I said my piece and went back to my own world as I put my headphones back on and listened to the song.
I wonder what would happen in my three years of ANHS. This school is said to be full of competition. Who am I going to meet? What should I do to be at the top? I unconsciously looked forward to the future.