6. Eavesdropper

October 1st, 1983

-

I opened my eyes to see that I was in my room. I wasn't really sure how I got home last night either, the last thing I remembered was being at the drive-in with Kirk.

Suddenly as the thought of Kirk crossed my mind, I heard soft snoring coming from behind me. I sat up and looked to my left, to see Kirk sound asleep in my chair with a blanket wrapped around him.

His curly hair was all messy and frizzy, covering his face, and his lips were slightly parted. He looked so peaceful.

I got out of bed and walked over towards him, gently moving his hair aside kissing his forehead. I smiled and walked downstairs to make some breakfast.

As I walked downstairs I saw Cliff sitting on the couch, smoking a cigarette while toying with his bass.

"Mornin' Cliffy." I rubbed my eyes as I walked over giving him a side hug.

"Hey kid." He smiled.

I walked into the kitchen and got out two bowls, pouring some fruit loops into them. I don't really know how to cook much, I just never learned how.

Momentarily Cliff walked into the kitchen as well, grabbing a beer out of the fridge.

"So, why's Kirk in your room?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at me.

My eyes widened and I turned to face Cliff, while hold Kirk and I's cereal bowls.

"I don't really know, I'm guessing he just brought me home after I fell asleep and stayed?" I said shrugging.

"Interesting." Cliff smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes and carefully walked back up the stairs, trying not to spill the cereal.

I opened the door to see Kirk still sleeping, I set the bowls down and went to lightly shake Kirk's shoulder. He woke up and looked around confused before smiling at me.

"Morning, I got you some cereal." I laughed lightly, handing him the bowl.

"Thank you." He mumbled sleepily.

"Mhm. Thanks for bringing me home last night." I said giving him a side hug.

He softly smiled at me and we both started eating our cereal.

We spent a little while talking and eating, but after about an hour Kirk had to go home.

I decided to get ready and head over to Liliana's since I need to get her opinion on this whole Kirk situation. I honestly didn't know what to do.

I threw on a Led Zeppelin T-shirt, along with some baggy jeans, and my beat up red Jordan's. I put my hair into a high ponytail and pulled some curly strands out, and seemed myself presentable.

I ran down the stairs, and grabbed Cliff's car keys as I sprinted out the door. I started the car, the engine momentarily stalling, and sped off on my way.

-

About 20 minutes later I got to Lilianas house. I locked the car and jogged up to the door, lightly knocking.

I patiently waited for Liliana to open the door, as I rocked back and forth on my heels.

A few moments later, the door finally opened, revealing Liliana.

"Hailey!" She squealed, giving me a tight hug.

She grabbed my arm and quickly pulled me upstairs, into her room. I sat down on her bed, as she sat down across from me.