11. Happy Fuckin' Halloween

October 31st, 1983

-

For the past week or so, Kirk and I have returned to being absolutely fucking inseparable. Seriously, we're together all day, every day.

Literally He's been staying at my house with my every night, He insists on it. I don't know why, 'cause he always sleeps in my chair. Which isn't comfortable in the slightest. I offered to let him sleep on my bed, but he just violently shook his head no.

He's also started to be super affectionate and touchy. Which I'm not complaining about in anyway whatsoever, hell I love it. Every time he touches me I swear I melt into him.

Thing is that after the whole angry confession at his house, he never clarified what we were. Which I wont lie is kind of bittersweet. I know he likes me, but is it not enough to actually be with me? He hasn't brought any of it up since. I understand he's scared now though, so maybe that's something to do with it.

I'm not gonna push him though. Even if it hurts me, I don't wanna force him into anything too quickly. Hell he could be leading me on right now but I'll honestly allow it to happen if that's the case, I just need him here.

Tonight Kirk and the guys are dragging me to some halloween party. I'm not an extremely social person, so parties aren't my thing. At least sober they aren't. However I know how much halloween means to Kirk, so I'm sucking it up and going anyhow.

To my misfortune it was a costume party. I didn't really know what to do, seeing as I was told last minute and had no time to plan a costume.

I blew my hair dry and put some rollers in it as I decided to raid my closet for a costume.

After a few minutes of digging, I found two options! Either I could dress up like a slutty devil like every groupie at that party, or I found my Trans-am jacket in my closet from when I dressed up as Bandit from Smokey and The Bandit my junior year of  highschool.

Dress like a slut, or don't take myself seriously. Tough choice really. Y'know what fuck it I'll just do both. Mix it up a little.

I took my hair rollers out as I put on a cropped white tank top, along with a black leather skirt, and I threw my red Trans-am jacket on. I put on some slouch-socks, with some black converse, and looked in the mirror satisfied with what I was able to come up with.

I didn't have a cowboy hat, which would've been the cherry on top.

Actually, now that I think about it, I did have one in my closet. Only thing was is that it wasn't mine, it was Dave's. I don't remember why I had it but I did. I flinched to myself, walking back into my closet and digging it out of a box.

I put it on, and deeply sighed. It definitely made my outfit more obvious, which is good.

It made me feel little uneasy knowing that it's Dave's, but who else is gonna know other than me? I quickly put on some make-up and smiled brightly at myself in the mirror.

I heard a soft rhythmic knock on the door, instantly knowing who it was. A smile creeping up onto my face.

I ran down the stairs, almost tripping over myself, to open the door. As I opened it, I saw Kirk, dressed as a vampire, his adorable dorky smile plastered on his face.

"Bandit?" He chuckled raising in eyebrow at me.

"Vampire?" I sarcastically questioned back, giggling as I turned around to lock the door.

"Guess we're taking your car then, huh?" He said smiling as he reached for my hand, interlocking his fingers with mine.

"Duh." I laughed as I pulled my keys out of my pocket, twirling them around my finger.

-

We arrived at the party a little while later, I parked my car farther out in hope nobody would try to steal it. Kirk held my hand, leading me up to the giant house the party was being held in. I could hear the music blaring from the end of the street, it was that fucking loud.

We finally reached the door, and Kirk loudly banged his fist against it. A tall, skinny, brunette guy opened the door and smiled at Kirk.

"Yo! You're that metallica dude right?" He yelled enthusiastically.

Kirk slid his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Yeah, I'm one of 'em." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head with his other hand.

"Sick, I'm Tommy!" He continued to yell over the music, quickly looking at me and smiling. "C'mon in dudes!"

Kirk and I smiled at him as we entered the house, making our way through the sweaty bodies rubbing together. Eventually we found our way to James, Cliff and Lars.

"Happy fuckin' halloween!" James said jumping up to give me a hug.

"happy halloween!" I yelled back over the music.

Kirk nudged me with his shoulder and went to whisper something in my ear, "I'm gonna go get drinks baby, I'll be right back." He smiled at me and quickly walked away.

My eyes widened at the word, butterflies started swirling in my stomach.

James smirked at me, "You guys shouldn't dirty talk in public y'know." He said jokingly.

"Oh shut up!" I smacked his arm.

"What'd he say that got you all flustered?" Cliff questioned.

I grinned back at the thought, and shrugged at Cliff. I love him to death, but Cliff isn't the one to talk about boy stuff too. He goes into an obnoxious, protective older brother mode every time I do. Cliff smiled at me and went back to talking to Lars.

"So, you guys make it official yet?" James asked, turning his attention back to me.

"No," I sighed. "He hasn't brought it up since the whole thing."

James frowned, looking behind me briefly.

"He's coming back, but I'm sure he'll do something soon." He said smiling.

I smiled back at him as Kirk came back over, handing me a drink.

"Here you go M'lady." He said jokingly.

"Thank you, Sir." I giggled as I took a sip of my drink.

We spent a few moments talking with the others. They talked about the album for a while, then tour, then chicks, and then I got bored zoned out.

I was snapped out of my train of thought, as Kirk lightly grabbing my arm. Yet again leaning in to whisper, So that I could hear him.

"Hey, can we go talk for a second?" He softly whispered.

I nodded my head slowly, full of burning curiosity.

"We'll be right back." Kirk said smiling at the guys.

Kirk led me upstairs, to where we went on the empty outside balcony of the house. He sat down in one of the chairs, motioning me to do so also. I sat across from him, staring into his pretty, deep brown eyes.

"Hailey, remember how a few weeks ago we had the whole thing, and I told you how I felt?" He rhetorically questioned.

I hummed in response, nodding my head.

"I'm just gonna get to the point," He sighed, pausing momentarily. " do you wanna maybe, be my girlfriend?" He asked sheepishly.

An enormous smiled spread across my face, I immediately sprung up and slammed my lips agains his. He didn't even hesitate to kiss me back.

In this moment, I finally understood what people meant when they claimed time had stopped when kissing someone. It felt like we were the only two people in the world, nothing could tear us apart now. I was his, and he was mine.

We kissed passionately for a few more seconds before I pulled away, "does that answer your question?" I smiled up at him softly.

"Oh shut up." He said giggling as he went back in to kiss me.

We spent the rest of the night, completely in each others embrace.