31. Longing For Your Company

September 19th, 1984

-

I woke up from the immense pain coming from my head, which was fucking pounding. I groaned in pain, slowly sitting up so I could drink some water.

Before I could even grab my water though, I noticed frizzy dark curls, peeking out from under the blanket next to me.

I let out a sharp breath, slowly moving the messy curls, to see Kirks peacefully sleeping face. I smiled a bit to myself at the sight of him curled up under the blanket.

Slowly memories of last night faded in, it was vague though. I really only remembered walking out with him.

My eyes widened, as I quickly lifted the blanket up looking down at myself.

My clothes were all still on, so that's a good sign.

I carefully got out of bed, trying to to wake him up. I walked into my bathroom, shuffling through my cabinet in search of pain medication.

I finally found some, and popped two into my mouth. I walked back into my room to see Kirk sitting up, sleepily rubbing his eyes.

I smiled a bit, and he immediately looked at me once my footsteps entered the room.

"How you feelin'?" He questioned, with a hoarse morning voice.

"Like shit." I responded, chuckling lightly.

He shook his head to himself smiling a bit, which soon faded as he looked at me full of concern.

I know I said I didn't think Kirk would yell at me, but I was still scared that maybe he would. I looked down guiltily at the floor, starting to internally panic. Dave's angry drunk screams quickly flashing back into my mind, as I slowly looked back at Kirk.

"Did something happen?" He questioned frowning at me.

I hesitated for a moment. Of. course I knew exactly what he's was talking about, but I was iffy on if I actually wanted to tell him the reason.

I just shrugged in response. I don't wanna lie to him, but I don't wanna tell him what the cause was.

"Hailey, you never get that fucked up. Hell, you barely even used to drink. Just talk to me please." He said softly.

"I don't wanna talk about it okay?" I sighed, slightly growing in frustration.

I wasn't mad at him, I know he was just looking out for me. I'm more mad at myself if anything.

He just frowned, as he slowly got up and walked over to me. He gently wrapped his arms around me in a hug, I could feel his light breath on the top of my head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you." I muttered into his chest.

"It's okay, I promise." He said softly, pulling away from me so that he could see my face. "Let's just go get breakfast or something, okay? It'll make you feel a bit better." He smiled at me gently.

I nodded and walked into my closet quickly to change. I didn't have the energy to brush my hair or take a shower at the moment. So I just threw my curly hair into a ponytail, and threw on one of  my old Black sabbath shirts.

I ran down the stairs to see Kirk, leaning against the front door with his arms crossed, mindlessly staring at the TV which I'm assuming Cliff had left on.

I wanted to sit and stare at him forever, I'd honestly forgotten how utterly gorgeous Kirk was. Something about his dark curly hair falling over his shoulders onto his leather jacket, his dorky glasses resting on the bridge of his nose, was mesmerizing to me.

My heart felt like it was throbbing.

He shortly averted his gaze to me, as a soft smile crept on his face.

"You ready to go?" He asked sweetly.

I smiled and nodded my head, as we walked out to his car. I slid into the passenger side, letting out a heavy sigh, as I tried to push down the nausea creeping up behind me.

-

We had been sitting in a small, 50s themed diner, for about 15 minutes. We were both slowly sipping on our coffee, simply enjoying each others presence, while we waited to order our food.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few more moments, until Kirk awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Do you uh, wanna talk about it now?" He questioned awkwardly, taking another sip from his coffee.

I let out a heavy sigh. I knew if I did want to re-try things with Kirk, I'd have to be honest with him. Nobody knew the answer to my questions better than he did. Dave could've very possibly been wrong, but I won't ever have an answer until I ask Kirk himself.

"Junior called," I started hesitantly. "He wanted me to talk to Dave, and we went back and forth about it for a few minutes until Dave took the phone."

He sat there for a moment, an unreadable expression resting on his face.

"What'd he say to you?" He asked coldly, a very slight tinge of anger was on his face.

Shit. He's fucking mad at me now isn't he.

"Just some stuff." I mumbled shrugging.

"Hailey, what did he say?" He asked again, his tone a little calmer than before.

I didn't wanna tell him, especially it now, but I knew lying to him wouldn't make my case any better.

So might as-well just cut to the chase.

I sighed heavily, "He just said some stuff about how he didn't mean to do what he did, got mad at me because I'd probably go back to you, said you never loved me like he did, and called me a selfish bitch." I rambled out, quickly taking a big gulp of my coffee once I had finished talking.

Kirk sat there for a moment, looking both furious, and astounded. At this point I was scared of what may come out of his mouth next.

"None of that is fucking true." He scoffed. "I fucking hate him, he's such a dick." He continued, taking a sip of his coffee.

It suddenly clicked in my head, and I was filled with relief. He wasn't mad at me, he was pissed at Dave.

I just shrugged in response, seeing the waitress walking over to give us our food.

The rest of the time we were in the tiny diner, we simply just talked like we used to. We were laughing our asses up, and catching up with each other.

Yet again I had forgotten how much I truly did miss him. How I'd been longing to have his company more than I had allowed myself to admit.

We finished our food, and he ended up taking me home. He offered to stay, but I knew they were supposed to have practice in an hour, And I also knew that once he was here I wouldn't be able to get him to leave.

We said our goodbyes, and walked inside. I slumped down into the couch, mindlessly watching the TV.

I thought back to when we were at the diner, when he had said that everything Dave said was a lie.

Then it suddenly came to me, and even though he never directly said it, maybe he did love me.

A/N - SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR LIKE 2 DAYS, IVE BEEN SO SO BUSY. I LOVE U N THANK U SM FOR 1K READS ‼️