Chapter Twenty One

Two weeks after they returned from Louisiana, Zemo had seen Doctor Raynor twice. He told her everything he's told Bucky. She increased the dosage of his medication, and the obsessive showering was slowly coming to a stop. Zemo did have several nightmares, and Bucky was there each time for him. As was Alpine. Bucky's worries, however, continued. He hardly let Zemo out of his sight.
"James, you don't need to follow me to the restroom." He sighed. They were just about to leave Raynor's office for the day. His third visit had just come to an end.
"I have to go." Bucky shrugged.
"Do you really?"
"Yeah... No." he admitted awkwardly.
"I did not think so." Zemo laughed softly before going into the room. Bucky waited, but intrusive thoughts made him want to go in, and ask if Zemo was okay. What if he's rubbing his skin too hard again? No, don't go in. I can trust him. He's fine. Bucky groaned with irritation.
"What's wrong?" Zemo asked as he stepped out of the restroom.
"Nothing." Bucky blushed softly. He glanced at Zemo's hands. The skin looked normal. Not red, or scratched. Good. He felt a little better now.
"How's your arm?" Bucky asked. Zemo pulled up his sleeve. The scar was fresh, and pink. The stitches had been removed recently.
"Fine." Zemo smiled wearily.
"So... umm..." Bucky mumbled as they walked towards the front doors.
"What?"
"Do you..." Bucky was bright red in the face.
"James, are you okay? You look unwell." Zemo's brow furrowed.
"I'm fine it's just, do you want to go out tonight?" He rubbed the back of his neck.
"Out?"
"Yeah for dinner."
"You don't want to take anything home, or cook, or order something?" Zemo was shocked. Bucky's go to dinner was usually pizza, McDonald's, or he'd cook. Bucky laughed softly.
"No, I want to eat out."
"In McDonald's?"
"No, not McDonalds. No fast food."
"You love fast food."
"I know, but I want to eat at a restaurant."
"Thank goodness." Zemo mumbled.
"What?"
"What?" Zemo smiled at him innocently.
"You said thank goodness."
"Maybe." He looked down embarrassed.
"No, you did." Bucky chuckled.
"Yes, but only because it's nice to do something different than the norm."
"Yeah." Bucky agreed.
"We haven't gone to a restaurant since the Olive Garden with Sam, and his family."
"Where do you want to go?" Zemo looked up.
"Somewhere nice. It's a surprise." Bucky looked down, and smiled.
"Are you asking me on a date?" Zemo looked at him. Bucky looked up when he heard Zemo speak. Their eyes met.
"Yes." Bucky has spoken with Raynor. She felt now may be the right time.
"I accept." Zemo nodded. Bucky grinned.
                                           ~
The two stepped back into the apartment. They spent a majority of the day playing with Alpine. Bucky looked at the time on his phone.
"I'll be back." He got up, and went to the bathroom. He started to shower. Zemo kept playing with Alpine, and Bucky enjoyed hearing him giggling. After he got out, he dressed up in his nice black jeans, a black v-neck t-shirt, and a light fit, black blazer. His hair combed back neatly.
"What do you think?" He asked Zemo. Zemo stood up, and looked Bucky over.
"Hmm." He hummed as he thought before ruffling up Bucky's hair.
"Better." He grinned playfully.
"Somehow I knew you'd do that." Bucky giggles.
"I do think you were hoping for it."
"Maybe." Bucky smirked. Zemo chuckled.
"I'll get ready, and we can go."
"Alright." Bucky nodded, and watched Zemo go to his room. He closed the door, and quickly changed into a purple sweater, black slacks, socks, and shoes. He grabbed his coat with the furry collar, and pulled it on. Next Zemo crossed the hall into the bathroom, and brushed his teeth, he combed his hair, and freshened up.
"Ready." He said with a soft smile as he stepped out into the living room. Bucky had just put on his shoes. His usual black boots.
"Me too." He stood up. I missed the coat. He thought as he admired Zemo wearing it. He's so cute. Like a little mouse. I could just put him in my pocket. Bucky blushed softly as he opened the door. Zemo stepped out. Mrs. Jones was just getting her mail.
"Good evening boys." She hummed.
"Good evening." Zemo nodded to her.
"Are you going out?" She asked as Bucky closed, and locked the door.
"Yeah, we'll be back later. Tomorrow night we'll be over for jeopardy."
"I look forward to it." She hummed as she went inside. The pair went out to the car. Bucky opened Zemo's door.
"Thank you James."
"Of course." He said before getting in the car himself.
"Mrs. Jones did not mind watching Alpine those extra days?"
"Of course not. She said Alpine was an angel." Bucky hummed.
"She is." Zemo agreed. Bucky laughed, and nodded. He drove them out to the city. Zemo watched out of the window. The sun had set, and he admired the street lights, and traffic lights as they passed. The buildings were tall. Bucky glanced at him, and smiled.
"Sokovia never had skyscrapers... until Novi Grad scraped the sky..." He spoke softly. Bucky's smile faded. Oh dear. He worried this wasn't such a good idea after all.
"Zem?"
"I am okay James. I've just... these buildings are so tall. I've seen tall buildings before of course, but these here in New York. They are something else entirely." Zemo explains. Bucky nodded.
"I love all the lights."
"Me too." Bucky agreed.
"I love you more though." He said smoothly. Zemo blushed.
"You really love me James?" He asked, still looking out of the window.
"I do." Bucky nodded as he watched the road ahead. Zemo smiled.
"Still, it surprises me."
"Why?"
"It is a good surprise James."
"Oh." Bucky chucked sheepishly.
"Do not worry. I remember what we talked about at Sarah's. No hidden feelings anymore." Zemo looked at him, and smiled. Bucky's cheeks flushed softly. Zemo's eyes lit up when he noticed.
"We're here." Bucky said as he began to park parallel to the sidewalk.
"We can park here?" Zemo asked.
"For about three hours, but I don't think we'll be that long." Bucky shook his head.
"Don't get out yet."
"I know you want to be a gentleman, and open my door." Zemo hummed playfully.
"That, and I don't want you to get run over." Bucky said as a car flew past the passenger side."
"I see." Zemo watched it go by.
"Americans drive rather recklessly don't they?"
"Yes." Bucky replied as he stepped out, and closed his door. He waited for another car to pass before stepping out into the street, and opening Zemo's door.
"Thank you, sir." Zemo grinned as he stepped out. Bucky chuckled, and hurried Zemo onto the sidewalk. Zemo began to walk before Bucky stopped him.
"This side." He said moving Zemo closer to the buildings.
"Why must you walk on that side?" He asked, thinking it was a cultural difference.
"It's another gentleman's old school thing." Bucky laughed.
"It's so you're safe, and away from the road." He rubbed the back of his neck, and blushed as he looked at the ground. Zemo smiled.
"How sweet." He looked down at Bucky's hand. Zemo hadn't noticed before, but he was wearing gloves. He doesn't want anyone to see it. He thought feeling a bit sad for Bucky. They're hands were so close though. He thought about all the times they had snuggled together already.
Zemo felt his cheeks flush as he intertwined his fingers with Bucky's. Bucky blushed, and glanced down. Gently vibranium fingers tangled with Zemo's, and the two held hands as they walked towards the restaurant. It was on the bottom floor of a building on the corner. There was a long overhang in case of rain, and a red carpet beneath that.
Bucky let go of Zemo's hand only so they could get through the revolving door. Zemo jumped in like a child. Buck laughed, and stepped in behind him. They were separated by one of the glass panels. Zemo glanced back at him, and giggled before stepping out into the room.
The restaurant was definitely on the fancy side. Tables decorated with white cloth, wine bottles everywhere. The employees dressed in suits.
"How many?" The hostess asked.
"I have a reservation for Barnes." Bucky replied before Zemo could speak as he stepped out from the moving doors.
"Very good." The woman smiled.
"This way." She hummed as she stepped away from her podium.
"You made a reservation?" Zemo asked with surprise. He had no idea when Bucky did that.
"This way we won't have to wait." Bucky chuckled. The hostess nodded.
"Our wait times can get up to an hour, so that was definitely the better idea." She laughed softly. Zemo frowned. What's this... I'm jealous.
"Your server will be right with you." She beamed as she set the menus down.
"Thank you." Bucky smiled as he sat. Zemo sat down, and smiled at her as well, only it was fake, but not like his usual fake smiles. This one held aggression, and he tilted his head. It was as if he was challenging her. She looked at Bucky once more before taking her leave. Of course Bucky was blissfully unaware of her gaze. Bucky started looking through the wine menu.
"What do you like?"
"You don't have to order that." Zemo shook his head.
"It has no effect."
"So." Bucky shrugged.
"Why would you want to drink it?"
"Because I'm on a date, and it's romantic." Bucky shrugged again.
"I don't care if it doesn't affect me, I just thought you might like some, and it makes me feel normal."
"You are not abnormal James." Zemo shook his head. Bucky blushed, and smirked.
"Thanks."
"Are you sure you want to give me alcohol?" Zemo smiles playfully. Bucky studied him, and made a humming sound.
"Yes, but I'll be monitoring you." He laughed softly. Zemo nodded.
"Fair." He giggled. The waiter stepped up to the table.
"What are we thinking about drinking tonight?" He asked. Zemo raised an eyebrow as the man seemed to be faking a French accent. It was good enough to fool those around them, but not Zemo. He smirked again, as he seemed to get a kick out of it. Bucky noted the look, and ordered a red wine.
"Very good, sir." The waiter said before he walked off. Then Zemo began to giggle again.
"What?" Bucky asked with a grin.
"He is not French."
"You caught that too?" Bucky laughed.
"Of course I did, James. I am a master of disguise."
"You don't have to tell me." Bucky chuckled. Zemo's smile disappeared instantly.
"No I don't..."
"Hey, none of that now." Bucky shook his head.
"It was just a joke. We're here to have a good time. This is about me, and you."
"So was that." Zemo looked down shamefully. Bucky sighed. I don't think it's going to matter how many times I say it's okay... well it's not, but that's not the point.
"Zemo, That's over now. I know it's going to be like this forever probably, but can we just enjoy the present?" He smiled gently. He would have loved to take Zemo's hand in that moment, but of course the baron had them folded neatly on his lap. Zemo looked up.
"Yes." He nodded with a soft smile.
"Thank you." Bucky nodded. The waiter returned with the bottle of wine, and two tall wine glasses.
"Thank you." Bucky smiled. Zemo nodded to the man.
"Are you ready to order? Or perhaps you would like more time?" The man asked.
"I am ready, if you are James." Zemo said as he gazed over the menu. Bucky nodded.
"Yeah I know what I want." He said before placing his order. Zemo then relayed his order to the man. The waiter wrote down one chicken Marsala, and filet mignon. He bowed, and took his leave.
"You do strike me as a steak man." Zemo hummed.
"Yeah the filet mignon here is amazing."
"But expensive." Zemo said as he reached for the wine bottle. Bucky of course wanted to pour it, but Zemo was way ahead of him.
"Yeah, but this is a date." He replied.
"So you won't be upset if I pay?" Zemo asked as he struggled with the cork. Bucky watched him.
"I asked you out, so I should pay."
"No, no." Zemo grunted as he worked to twist the wine opener.
"No old school, chivalry. I will pay tonight."
"Here." Bucky reached over. Zemo blushed softly before he sighed, and handed Bucky the bottle.
"I'll let you pay tonight." Bucky agreed as he pulled the cork out with his left hand as if it were nothing.
"I loosened it for you."
"Of course. Thank you." Bucky laughed as he filled their glasses.
"Yes, it will make me happy if I pay. You always pay James. It is my turn."
"Alright." Bucky chuckled. He set the glass down, and took a sip.
"Not horrible." He said in regards to the flavor. Zemo took a rather large sip.
"I like it." He hummed. Bucky smiled. Good. He worried the baron would find the wine cheap. The waiter soon returned with their food. Zemo smirked before thanking the man in French. The man simply nodded before walking off. Bucky held in a laugh, and more, or less snorted.
"Zemo be nice." He whispered.
"I am only testing him." Zemo giggled.
"He did not reply."
"You think he can't speak French?"
"We know the accent is fake." Zemo nodded.
"What if he speaks french?" Bucky asked.
"Are you wanting to bet, soldat?" Zemo grinned.
"No." Bucky laughed.
"I am."
"Oh yeah? What's the wager?"
"If he speaks french. You pay for dinner. If he doesn't, you must kiss me."
"Alright, I'll take that bet." Bucky laughed. The stakes were not too high. He would have paid for dinner if Zemo wasn't so adamant about doing it, and he was hoping to kiss Zemo. Really kiss him, but if the man spoke French then that was likely off the table.
"You know you're not French, but clearly you speak it." Bucky grinned.
"Neither are you, but you speak French." Zemo replied.
"That, and German, Russian, Romanian, Japanese, and many others."
"Because of the win-"
"Sh!" Bucky shushed him suddenly. Zemo stopped, and looked around before leaning closer, and going into a whisper.
"You do not want anyone to hear that?"
"Of course not, but you're right. That's why I know so many languages." Bucky blushed.
"James, why must we whisper?" Zemo said as he reached over, and placed his hand over Bucky's. Bucky shrugged, and began to play with his food.
"You are worried you will scare people. That is why the gloves?" Zemo asked gently. Bucky nodded.
"You are afraid they will judge you, and like hydra try to use you?" He asked further, and Bucky nodded again.
"I won't allow that to happen." Zemo shook his head.
"I wronged you before. I was wrong, and I am so very sorry. I will regret it forever, but no one will hurt you again." Zemo whispered with a firm tone. Bucky looked up at him. Now he's stealing my lines. Bucky blushed softly. He felt the exact same about Zemo, but never expected to hear it from him. He felt warm, and loved. It was something he never thought he'd feel again.
"Thank you." He turned his hand over, so his palm would touch Zemo's. Zemo blushed. They quickly retracted their hands, and continued to eat. Zemo began to drink a bit faster.
"Zem."
"Yes?"
"You can have one more glass." Bucky was keeping track of how much alcohol Zemo took in. Zemo nodded. Bucky finished his food, and Zemo was right behind him.
"That was excellent James."
"I'm glad you think so." Bucky hummed proudly. The waiter came around again.
"Would we like another bottle of wine?"
"No." Bucky shook his head. Zemo grinned. He turned to the waiter.
"You are French, yes?" He asked. Oh god. Bucky couldn't watch. He looked down at the empty plate.
"Oui." The man replied. Damnit. Bucky thought now worried he won the bet, and wouldn't get that kiss. Zemo began to speak in French. The man's cheeks flushed with embarrassment.
"I-I am not fluent."
"My apologies." Zemo nodded.
"Your accent made me assume."
"Oh-oh.." with that, the accent seemed to disappear. Clearly american. Zemo smirked.
"I'm sorry." The waiter apologized in his real voice.
"No, no." Zemo giggled.
"Don't apologize. It was fun, we enjoyed it, just be careful. A real Frenchman may come in one day." Zemo cautioned.
"I will thank you." The waiter smiled appreciatively. He left the check, and stepped away for a moment.
"I win." Zemo smiled. Bucky nodded, and inwardly celebrated. Zemo paid the bill, and left the waiter a nice tip. They stepped out of the restaurant, when suddenly a woman's voice called for them to wait. That hostess. Zemo's brow furrowed. What does she want now? They stopped, and turned.
"Did I leave my wallet?" Bucky looked at Zemo.
"No James. I would not have let that happen." Zemo smiled. The woman ran out.
"Sergeant Barnes?" She was out of breath when she caught up to them.
"Yes?" Bucky asked. Do I know her? She looks familiar... Please don't tell me I killed someone. Anytime someone recognized him that thought made its way through his mind. Zemo grabbed Bucky's hand, and held it in his. Bucky looked at him.
"Sorry." She blushed with embarrassment.
"I didn't know if I should say anything, but..." she looked
Down at the ground. Zemo was becoming more, and more agitated.
"We are trying to have a romantic evening, out with it!" He snapped.
"Zem!" Bucky was taken aback, as was the hostess. Zemo blushed, and looked down. Shut up! He scolded himself, and began to back behind Bucky.
"Sorry." Bucky apologized to the girl.
"N-no, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were on a date. I mean I did, and that's why I didn't want to say anything, but. My great grandma talked about you all the time." She smiled. Zemo soon realized he was sorely mistaken. She's a relative. He planted his face into his palm. You idiot! Stupid, stupid! He was mortified.
"You're great grandma." He blushed softly. Please don't say I dated her in 30's.
"Rebecca Barnes. That was her maiden name." The girl said. There was a long silence that seemed to last forever. Zemo looked up at Bucky.
"James?" He spoke softly. He was terrified, Bucky would be upset with him.
"You're her granddaughter?"
"Great." She giggled.
"I'm Charlotte." She held out her hand for him to shake.
"Hi." Was all he could think of to say as he softly shook her hand. The moment was surreal. Like he was in a dream, or something.
"Is she alive?" He asked nervously. I've looked. None of them are around anymore. Sam, Sarah, and the boys are my only family. Still he was hopeful she might say yes, and he'd see his sister again. Even if she has aged far before him. Charlotte shook her head.
"She passed away when I was a little girl. I think I was eight."
"Oh, I'm sorry." Bucky's face was saddened.
"Me too." She agreed.
"She said you two were separated as kids."
"We were." He nodded.
"I never saw her again."
"I'm sorry." Charlotte looked down.
"I guess that makes you my great, great niece, or something?" He smiled softly.
"I guess so." She laughed.
"I've been thinking about contacting you, when I found out that we're still around, and like a superhero avenger, and stuff."
"Oh, yeah." Bucky laughed awkwardly. Maybe she doesn't know about the winter soldier. He hoped.
"Let me give you my number." She said, pulling out her phone.
"Y-yeah sure." He nodded. He could sense just how tense Zemo was behind him, especially after she referred to him as an avenger. Of course he didn't think of himself as one. Sam yes, but he wasn't quite there yet. Not in his own eyes at least. They exchanged numbers.
"I've got to get back to work now, but I'm so glad I got to meet you." She beamed.
"Me too!" Bucky smiled brightly. He couldn't believe he actually had a living blood relative. Hell, maybe there are more.
"Enjoy your date!" She called as she ran back towards the restaurant.
"Thanks!" Bucky called back. He turned to Zemo.
"That was crazy."
"Yes. I-I did not expect that." Zemo shook his head.
"I can tell." Bucky blushed.
"You thought it was something else?"
"Yes." Zemo sighed.
"You're the jealous type, huh?" Bucky smirked.
"I am so sorry James." Zemo looked near tears.
"Hey, I'm not mad." Bucky shook his head.
"I should not have reacted that way. I should not have shouted at her."
"You didn't know who she was." Bucky shrugged.
"Neither did you, but you were embarrassed. I embarrassed you."
"You embarrassed yourself." Bucky chuckled.
"Yes." Zemo nodded.
"But I sounded so... So-"
"Entitled?"
"Yes."
"It's okay, I'm not mad, I was just surprised."
"I won't do that again." Zemo assured Bucky.
"Alright." Bucky laughed. They reached the car, and he walked Zemo around to the passenger side, and opened his door. Zemo climbed in, and Bucky walked around the car, and climbed into the driver seat. Zemo watched out of the window as Bucky drove them home. Once home Bucky parked in his usual spot, and stopped the car. He got out, stepped to the passenger side, and opened Zemo's door.
"I can't believe I have a niece. I'm a real uncle!" Bucky grinned.
"You'll have to tell Sam." Zemo smiled. He felt happy for Bucky, but also a sense of fear. Fear that he no longer mattered to the super soldier.
"Yeah. Her mom, or dad, one of them is also my niece, or nephew! Her grandparents too!" Bucky beamed.
"If they're alive."
"Maybe they are." Zemo encouraged him.
"You could visit."
"You'll come with me right?" Bucky asked as he unlocked the door.
"If you want me too."
"Of course I do. You're my boyfriend right?" Bucky asked a bit nervously.
"Your boyfriend?" Zemo was shocked.
"You want me to be your boyfriend?"
"Well... Yeah that's why I asked you out, and told you about my feelings for you."
"I want to be your boyfriend!" Zemo said loudly. Luckily none of the other neighbors were out, but Bucky was sure Mrs. Jones heard them. Bucky chuckled.
"Oh good. I was worried for a moment." He said as he stepped in.
"Why?"
"Maybe you don't want to be my boyfriend." Bucky shrugged.
"We have shared our feelings James. You know I want to be with you, and I am just as surprised. I never thought I could feel this again." Zemo said as he took his coat off, and hung it in the closet across from the door. Bucky took his shoes off  and flopped down on the couch. Zemo took his shoes off, and set them beside Bucky's.
"I'm happy that you do." Bucky smiled. Zemo took a seat beside him.
"I am too. You have no idea how happy I am. I thought I would never be happy again. I thought I would be forever miserable, and lost..."
"I know." Bucky nodded. You never thought you could recover.
"It's going to be okay."
"I know, James." Zemo smiled, and turned to face him.
"I won the bet. You owe me a kiss."
"Don't think I forgot." Bucky laughed. It's been in the back of his mind for quite some time now. Zemo closed his eyes. Bucky got a playful grin on his face before kissing Zemo's cheek.
"James." Zemo smirked, eyes still closed. Bucky giggled, and kissed Zemo's forehead.
"James." Zemo laughed, and opened his eyes.
"You're teasing me."
"Yeah." Bucky's blushed.
"Okay for real now, but don't close your eyes. Not yet." His tone grew softer. Zemo kept his eyes open as Bucky leaned closer. They had been close before, but this was entirely different. Bucky's right hand slowly rose to cup Zemo's cheek as his lips pressed gently against Zemo's. That was when Zemo closed his eyes, and kissed back.
Bucky lingered for only a moment before he pulled away, hand still holding Zemo's cheek. They gazed at each other for a moment. Zemo's eyes bounced between Bucky's eyes, and lips.
"James." He whispered. Immediately each of them leaned forward. This time Zemo met Bucky half way. Their lips touched with a bit more force this time. Breathing picked up, as their lips parted, and pressed together in a natural rhythm.
Bucky's left hand rose up to cup Zemo's other cheek, and soon both hands were running through his hair. It's so soft. He adored the feel of It. Slowly Bucky laid Zemo down onto the couch. Gently he pushed his tongue into Zemo's mouth.
Zemo wasn't opposed to it, he closed his eyes. Now their tongues were dancing together. Pressing against each other. Bucky was quick to explore Zemo's mouth, and Zemo did the same in turn. Bucky's hands moved from Zemo's hair, and face to his neck, and collar bone.
Zemo made a soft groaning sound through the kisses. I guess he likes this then, I guess I'm doing okay. Bucky thought, letting his left hand travel down to Zemo's waist, and under his sweater. Zemo flinched from the cold vibranium, but when Bucky attempted to recoil, Zemo stopped him by placing his hand over Bucky's. Bucky felt reassured, and left it.
Zemo's other hand floated to Bucky's cheek, but soon dropped to his shoulder. Bucky soon broke the kiss by leaving a trail of them across Zemo's cheek, and down to his neck.
"Mmm..." Zemo's eyes opened for a moment before squeezing shut.
"Is this okay?" Bucky whispered. He sounded almost out of breath. Zemo replied with a nod, and his head turned to the left. Bucky smirked, and began leaving kisses on the opposite side. Soon he was sucking gently at the sooth skin.
  Zemo gasped softly. Bucky kept it up for a while, and soon pulled away. He noted the redness he'd left behind. That will bruise. His cheeks flushed. Bucky leaned in, and bit down softly.
Zemo gasped again, and his right hand found the back of Bucky's head. He tugged at Bucky's hair. Bucky couldn't help but grin. Everything seemed to be going well. Without any thought, his left hand traveled down further.
He didn't slip it under Zemo's pants. He didn't feel that they were quite there yet, maybe in a few more moments. Slowly his hand crept down between Zemo's legs. Zemo immediately felt the pressure. It was gentle, but it was there. His eyes snapped open, and he pushed Bucky away as hard as he could, and to Bucky's surprise.
"No!" He shouted.
"Don't touch me!" Arms flailing he fell onto the floor.
"Zemo!" The only reason Zemo was able to push the super soldier was because he wasn't expecting it. He was taken by surprise, caught off guard. In that moment he realized how easy it would have been for a prisoner like him on the raft to assault Zemo.
"Oh my god." He got down on the floor onto his knees. He lifted his hands to show he was unarmed.
"Zemo, it's okay, it's me. It's James."
"James?" Zemo repeated, breathing heavily, and panicked.
"Yes, and we're at home. You're safe, you're at home. I'm here, no one's going to hurt you."
"Home?"
"Yes, you are not on the raft, and you are not in that warehouse." Bucky replied. Zemo looked around, and his breathing slowed. He looked back at Bucky, and the panic seemed to leave his eyes.
"James?"
"Yes, it's me." Bucky said. Zemo threw himself into Bucky's arms. Gently Bucky embraced him.
"I've got you." He whispered, and softly brushed his right hand over Zemo's hair as he cried.
"I've got you." He repeated. As he sat there holding Zemo his mind was racing, and soon he was angry.
"I'm going to kill them."
"Huh?" Zemo looked up at him. Eyes red, and puffy. His skin was pale, and he looked exhausted, and sickly.
"I'm going to the raft, and I'm killing that man, and anyone else that hurt you. Then I'm going to find hydra, and kill them all." Bucky's eyes were like steel, and his voice was different, hateful.
"No!" Zemo shouted. He sat up on his knees, and grabbed Bucky's shoulders.
"You cannot go there!"
"Zemo, please let me go. I have to do this."
"No, James you can't go to the raft!"
"Zem-"
"No!" Zemo more, or less screamed before throwing himself back into Bucky's chest, and crying harder.
"Zemo?" Bucky's voice was calmer now.
"Please James! He is there, you can't go."
"I know he's there, and I'm going to make him pay for-"
"Not him. Not the prisoners."
"Who?"
"The secretary."
"Ross?"
"Yes." Zemo nodded.
"What about him?" Bucky paused for a moment.
"You mentioned him at Sarah's. Did he hurt you?"
"No James. I was drunk."
"So what's this got to do with him?"
"He can't be trusted James..."
"Why?" Bucky was concerned. Zemo shook his head.
"Zem?"
"I-I don't know James, but I don't like him. Something is not right in that place." Zemo looked up at him.
"Please promise me you will not go. I don't want you to be like me. I-I don't need to be avenged." There was pain in his voice, and his heart as he spoke. Bucky's eyes widened. Like you. Vengeful. Bucky closed his eyes, and hugged Zemo a bit tighter.
"I won't go." He said softly.
"I'm sorry I've upset you so much." Bucky bit his lower lip. Something feels off. Of course Zemo feels like he needs to be avenged. I know him better than that, and I can tell that was a lie. it's something else. There is a reason he doesn't want me to go, and he's not saying. Bucky sighed. I'll talk to Sam.
"You alright?" Bucky asked. Zemo nodded.
"I need to use the bathroom." Zemo said before standing up. Bucky watched him go, and heard the door shut. Soon after the shower started.