chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

MIKEY'S POV

Blood splatters covered my face as my fist connected with the side of this man's head. 

I was angry—fuck, I didn't even know why I was angry. 

My knuckles burned with the pain; this was going to leave quite the bruise. 

Oh well. 

I swung my hand back again, ready for another collision. 

"Fucking twat!" I screamed into the face of the man as teeth flew from his mouth. 

He spat blood onto the floor, which irked me; I hated messy prisoners. 

"Boss," the man started, tears leaking from his eyes and soaking his already blood-covered collared shirt. 

Men in my organization didn't cry; they didn't show emotion. 

"She's not even a fucking prostitute!" I screamed. 

How could my men have gotten it so wrong? This girl was barely an adult; she was so young, and yet she was in Bonten as a prostitute. 

I swung another punch, trying my best to cure the rage that was boiling inside of me, but it wasn't helping. 

The door clicked open, and I spun around in a hurry, still holding a bloody fist in the air. 

This man had been Kakucho, the operation's first in charge; he had picked the girl. 

Bastard. 

Sanzu and Kakucho entered the room with a concerned look plastered across their faces.

 "Mikey," Sanzu addressed me. 

Sanzu was Bonten's number 2, meaning he has the highest authority in Bonten aside from me. 

He and I had known each other for our entire lives; we were practically brothers. 

"Where's the girl?" I questioned, throwing yet another punch. 

This time, the man went limp, falling slightly forward in the chair.

 Well, my fun was over; he was dead. 

"Still in the meeting room, did you want me to put her in with the other whores?" Kakucho asked, which triggered me, making my blood boil further.

"No," I had said quickly, a little too quickly to avoid suspicion. 

"Just take care of it," I spat. 

"What happened?" Sanzu questioned. 

He was the only member of the Bonten who dared to ask me questions. 

But now wasn't a good time to ask me a question. 

"Fuck, I don't know! Just fix the problem!" I yelled furiously, my eyes wild and hungry. 

I was filled with unexplainable rage. 

"Yes, Mikey." Sanzu nodded and opened the door, giving me a glance back before leaving. 

I grabbed my gun from its holster and pointed it at the already dead man in front of me. 

Fuck, I was mad. 

I fired six shots into his chest, screaming and cursing as I went, before also storming out of the room, following Sanzu back to where I had left this unnamed and yet strangely fascinating girl to cry. 

"Sanzu!" I called in a cold and restrained voice, and he turned to me, nodding. 

"Can you hear her?" I demanded as he pressed an ear to the door.