chapter 29

Mikey's POV.

Last night was one of the best in a very long time.

Y/N had offered to watch a movie in her room, and obviously I agreed.

To be honest, I was surprised she let me stay in there after the shit that had gone down in the car only hours before.

When she told me that I lacked humanity, I admit that I was a little offended. Which was why I acted like I did.

It was no excuse, and I do know how much of a lousy person I am, and I was incredibly embarrassed that Y/N saw through all the money and power that built up my entire persona and into my soul, where I was lost and broken, with no family or anyone to hold.

As I walked down the stairs and through the compound, making my way to the kitchen, I spotted Sanzu and two other Bonten's high-ups sitting and chatting to each other intently.

My curiosity sparked, and I strutted over, giving my suit collar a gentle tug to straighten it.

I breathed in deeply and cleared my throat, folding my arms over my chest and leaning slightly to one side.

"Mikey," Rinduo said, standing up and moving over a seat, making room for me to join their conversation.

"Why are you all up so early?" was the first thing that came to mind to say. Why was I even up this early?

"We're just discussing the Valhallas; how many of us are going to this thing?" Kokonoi asked.

"I stayed up last night and sent out some invites; from the replies I got, there are quite a few hundred people coming to our event," Kanji added, and I contemplated, thinking.

"I don't want everyone there, purely for security here; remember, we're still the wealthiest criminal organization in Japan; I don't want any of our competitors getting ideas whilst we're not here," I started, the others watching intently. "So I'd say about a hundred of us go to the party."

"I could get in touch with the Tenjiku; they don't like the Valhalla's either. If we bribe them with enough, I'm sure they'll assist in security services," Kakucho plotted.

"I like that idea, but you'll have to reach them quickly; what date did you schedule for?" I asked.

I had left the planning of our little assassination party up to Bonten's executives, and right now I had bigger things to worry about than planning.

Trying to make amends with Y/N was proving to be a very long and draining task.

"Tomorrow night, I thought we better make it soon in case anyone caught onto our plan." Takeomi tapped his heel against the cold and tiled floor.

"Of course, and have the Valhalla RSVPed to our invite yet?" I asked.

That was the hard part—getting them to come after we had completely annihilated half of their organization.

"Believe it or not, they did." Kanji let out a hoarse chuckle of laughter. "They were one of the first to reply. I don't know if they think they'll get an upper hand on us or something, but I have to say, they are very stupid."

"That they are," I nodded briefly, "now, I've been thinking about the order of events, and I think that we should prolong this party until the early hours of the morning. Really give them all a false sense of security before we murder them." It was sick, I know, but what they had done to Y/N was even worse.

You get what you give, and what the Valhallas had given Y/n and Bonten was war. And I don't take it lightly when someone threatens and declares war on my people.