chapter 19

Mikey's POV.

I was down at the yacht marina discussing tomorrow night's plans with my business associates; our talks ranged from safety measures to weapon and drug exchanges when I got a phone call from Mocchi, one of the executives.

"Uh, Mikey..." I didn't need to hear anymore from him to know what the hell had happened.

"She's taken off; for a tiny thing, my god, she's quick!"

"Do you know her whereabouts?" I rubbed a hand over my face, shaking my head.

"The beach, we've sent men to go and get her back though, just thought I would inform you first," he panted through the phone.

"You know what," I started, "don't send any men; I'll go down there myself; we don't want to cause anymore of a scene than what this already will be." Without waiting for a response, I hung up the phone and made hurried goodbyes to my business partners. .....

The first thing I noticed when my feet hit the almost-white sand was her body.

She was perfect and fucking beautiful.

She jumped around, catching and throwing a football, her (h/c) locks of hair flying in messy directions behind her.

The second thing I noticed was the rather large group of hungry-eyed boys who watched her intensely as she jumped up and down.

My temper boiled as I noticed her laughing at cringy jokes one of these fuckheads made.

My temper exploded when the short, silver-lilac-haired boy who cracked the joke approached Y/N and snaked a sly hand around her waist, kissing into her neck.

I let my raging fury take control as I pulled my gun from my pocket in one swift movement and began to storm towards the two of them.

I heard nearby people scream.

I stalked towards them; my suit jacket stuck to me. 

I was boiling out here.

I noticed as my men began to arrive in their black SUVs, surrounding the perimeter and ushering civilians off the premises.

"Shit," I heard one of the little prickheads mutter under their breath.

Fuck, I was mad.

Immediately, the silver lilac prick let go of Y/N, and she stumbled back, her eyes wide with fear as she stared at the barrel of the gun.

"Woah, dude, calm down!" one of the public fuckheads called.

I snapped my neck around to look at him, my eyes filled with inextinguishable fire.

"Don't touch what isn't yours!" I hissed, raising my gun in line with his head and giving the trigger an exaggerated tug.

Red spluttered on the ground, painting it a vibrant color.

There were several more screams.

"Mikey," I heard Y/n's voice as I turned the gun to the (h/c) Barbie fuckhead in front of me.

I heard her sweet voice as she stood in front of the gun barrel; her eyes glared into mine pleadingly.

"Let's, uh, go back to the hotel room, yes?" She pleaded with me, begging me.

I felt myself shaking; the urge to shoot this fuckhead was so strong.

I felt her soft fingertips wrap lightly around my arm.

I gave her a sideways glance, looking into her terrified eyes.

This guy had touched her and kissed her; I hadn't even kissed her, and we were meant to be a couple.

Why wasn't he dead already? 

He should be fucking dead.

My fingers found the trigger of the gun again as I shook, and Y/N dug her fingertips harder into my suit jacket, moving slightly so that her head was in front of the gun, pressed up tight to the barrel.

"Please," she begged as I glanced down at her terrified and shaking body.

"Please, Mikey," she whispered. I liked it when she said my name; it made me feel like I meant something to her.

I drew my gaze away from her, towards the group of boys, and then to my men.

If I shot them all right now, I would be covered completely.

I could, I really could, make them all pay right now for touching Y/N; she was mine.

I felt her bring me back to look into her pleading eyes.

My gun lowered down to my side, and I felt her hand slip into mine, taking the gun into her own hands.

I glanced over at all the fuckheads who looked relieved.

I was still shocked with rage and was longing to launch a bullet into something.

"Thank you." She pressed her head against mine and closed her eyes.

I grunted and came back to my senses, grabbing her wrist and forcefully dragging her towards the SUVs.

I heard her whimper in pain slightly but paid no attention to it.

I turned to my men before we left, growling at them.

"Make sure none of them talk." I sped back to the hotel; my hands still shook with unbelievable fury.

The second we were back in the hotel room, I threw Y/N onto the couch and stalked away from her.

I held my hands to my head, trying to breathe in an attempt to calm myself down.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins, and my fists longed to hit something. My fingers craved a trigger to satisfy my raging temper.

I reeled my fists back, needing some kind of outlet where I could crush all of my anger into a single wall, when Y/N called out.

"Mikey!" I spared a glance back at her, forcing myself to look into her eyes. I regretted it immediately.

She looked scared, yet so beautiful.

She stood in the doorway awkwardly, watching me about to hit a wall.

Her high cheekbones and perfectly proportioned face glared holes into my longing soul as she waited for a response.

Her beautiful eyes connected with mine, and her ruby-red lips were something I needed. She was shaking, scared.

I wanted to say something to her—tell her she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, and that was why I hadn't killed her troublesome ass yet.

But all I managed to say in my fit of rage was, "Fuck off!" I had expected her to walk away; I needed her to walk away before I said something I regretted.

Instead, she crossed the room, approached me, and did the last thing I would have expected her to do.

She hugged me.

She wrapped her tiny arms around my built figure and buried her face into my chest.

I felt myself hesitate, but then I realized this felt good; it felt good to have someone to hold.

I returned the gesture, embracing her and wrapping my arms around her figure. I held her slim waist close to me, resting my chin on the top of her head.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment of peace.

In this moment of bliss, I was holding my beautiful angel in my arms.