chapter 45

Y/N's POV

I don't know how long we sat there for, but between the smoke and the ringing in my ears, I didn't know where to start thinking about what had just happened.

Everything seemed to be in silent, slow motion; the world around me was still, and I was in the thick of it, unable to force my body to even move.

From beside me, I felt Mikey shift out of my grasp and wiggle his hands free, both his and others standing tall with their guns pointed at the door.

How had this all happened so fast?

What had I messed up so badly to be in this situation?

I think it is now a well-known fact that I wasn't very good at criminals' drug trades and keeping a low profile.

There were shots fired from both ends, and all I could do was stay down behind the bed and clutch onto my dress, hoping it would all be over soon.

"Y/N" Mikey grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet.

"We're leaving now; grab whatever you can. I promise to replace everything that's lost when we get back to the compound," he told me.

"I don't care about that right now," I assured him. All I cared about was that we all made it out of there alive and without any more injuries.

"Come on." Kanji had moved towards the door and was waving us out.

Atlas used his suit jacket to cover our faces from the smoke, and I gasped when I saw the gunned bodies in front of us, slouched and lying face down in our doorway.

"I've called the men to bring us a car," Takeomi informed us as we hurried toward the pickup area.

My dress was slightly torn from behind, and all of us were covered in embers and minor burns.

The smell of smoke reeked as we coughed and spluttered, trying to remove it from our system.

"How long will it be, because I don't think that's the last of them?" Mikey turned around and held up his gun so that it was in line with his chest.

"Take cover!" he screamed as Ran shoved me behind a pot plant.

A plant? Did this man know that a tree was going to do shit in stopping a bullet from hitting me?

"Stay here; don't move until the car pulls up," he ordered as more shots were fired.

Bonten's higher-ups stood back up and began to fight alongside Mikey, joining the gunfight.

I pulled my gun also, knowing that I was useless here; I couldn't shoot.

Every time I tried, all I could see were Valhalla and their murderous eyes staring back at me before I mercilessly shot him through the head without a second thought.

I didn't want to kill anyone; I was like a mindless monster when in danger.

And the scary thing was that I was good at it; it was like I knew what I was doing at the same time. time, I was clueless.

This entire fiasco was my fault.

If I hadn't attacked Mikey's grandfather, none of this would have been in action.

Now the hotel was on fire from our room, and people were gunning down each other left, right, and center with no hesitation or thought as to who they might be.

The logic is 'if it moves, shoot it'.

And this was totally because of me.

From behind us, a black SUV pulled up, and a man poked his head out the window, calling for Takeomi who called to me and demanded that I scramble and get into the back seat as fast as I possibly could to avoid getting shot.