chapter 11

Mikey's POV.

I stopped outside her door.

This problem girl had me waiting for her outside.

I know I shouldn't have given her the joint like I did; that shit fucked you up the first time around, and from Sanzu's reaction, she was pretty fucked up.

I straightened up the tie on my suit and adjusted the 9 millimeters in my jacket before giving the door a firm knock.

From the twenty colorful curses that came flying my way, I think it was safe to say that she had sobered up.

Why had she been keeping me waiting for them?

Taking her out to dinner was such a dumb idea.

But if she was going to be standing by my side, then I supposed I should start treating the little whore better.

I flung open the door and stared. 

I had been doing that a lot lately, but really, how could I not?

I am a man who likes beautiful things.

And this girl was certainly a beautiful thing.

She stood there wearing the spaghetti-strapped dress that I had ordered earlier; it wrapped around her body and fitted her perfectly.

You couldn't not stare.

She definitely wasn't a prostitute or a whore; I don't know why I was stupid enough to believe that she was when I first saw her.

She was so innocent and so pure, and it made me love her all the more. 

I just couldn't stop staring.

"You fucking drugged me, you shitfaced asshole, what were you thinking?" Ah yes, and then the second she opens her mouth, the sweetness and innocence are all but gone.

Angered boiled inside of me; she still dared to speak to me with such little respect!

The little bitch didn't know who she was dealing with.

I pulled my pistol from my pocket and, in one swift move, snaked an arm around her waist, pulling her in close and pressing her head against the gun.

"Be careful what you say to me. You won't be so pretty if you keep running your mouth like that." I sneered into her face, pressing the barrel of the gun harder against her skin.

I might actually be enjoying torturing this girl.

Sure, it would be a waste of beauty, but it would be fun at least.

Her breathing heightened; I could tell that she was biting her tongue.

Probably to restrain herself from shouting a string of profanities in my face.

She might not be as much of an idiot as I thought.

In truth, I don't really want a girl in my life right now.

I had too much on my plate to focus on 'presenting myself in a settled manner'.

But Y/N seemed different; she made me stare; she made me lose my train of thought just by looking at her; she made me vulnerable, and I wasn't sure if I liked that.

I pulled the gun away from her head and slid it smoothly back into my jacket.

She let out a gasp and a sigh of relief, slumping her shoulders forward slightly.

I took my arm away from her, and she stumbled back a bit but managed to catch her footing.

"Put your shoes on." I handed her a pair of white and sparkling heels.