chapter 16

Y/n's POV.

Embarrassment, shame, rage, and confusion

What the fuck had just happened

My mind was clouded with a million thoughts, and trying to process each one was practically impossible right now.

My mind was filled with worry and insecure thoughts.

All in all, what the fucking hell had just happened

I had just been locked in a kiss with Ran, Bonten's executive.

This man had willingly approached and kissed me, and then this motherfucker had the balls to tell me that it was a fucking mistake?

My face was an unbelievable shade of bright red.

I could not tell if I was ashamed of the fact that I had kissed the man who kidnapped me and practically destroyed my life or if I read the situation wrong and now this 'mistake' had caused such awkward tension in the room between us.

I tapped my foot impatiently on the ground, creating noise in this uncomfortably loud silence.

Ran paced around the room in circles, cursing loudly under his breath.

He glared at me with his predatory eyes—dark, hungry, and angry.

I glanced up at him through my eyelashes, keeping my head held down. 

Fuck, I couldn't even look at the guy right now.

My face was like a huge fucking tomato.

He raked his hands through his silky-smooth hair, cut it short and styled it in a slicked-back side part gelled to the right, alternating the colors between light purple and black, and walked over to me.

"This," he motioned between the two of us, "never happened." My face went even more impossibly red as I gave a brief nod.

"You need to be marked now; come." He destroyed any reason to continue the thread of conversation.

Great.

The last thing I wanted to fucking do was to be marked like I was and object to being claimed as part of this organization.

He marched past me, making a great attempt to hit me with his shoulder on the way past.

Sooo extra.

"Move. We don't have all day," he ordered gruffly.

Shut up.

We moved quickly through the halls, walking through sets of doors and down longer stretches of building.

I recognized these hallways from my first day here.

So many wonderful memories.

I faltered in my steps.

I hesitated.

Apparently, my hesitation irked Mr. Bipolar over here because he suddenly grabbed my arm with such force that I thought it would pop out of its socket.

"Fuck!" I yelled as his nails pierced my skin, like needles drawing blood.

"Walk like a normal person, you bitch!" he screamed back at me.

Dickhead.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I sneered through gritted teeth, pissed off as hell.

He pulled harder on my arm and said, "Just shut the hell up." 

I was about to give him another smart remark back but held my tongue.

There was no need to say anything else. anything else.